COMPLETE[PLAY]The Intimate Strangers by Tarkington - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

wib66 wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 2:25 pm Here is Act 1 stage directions edited.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/intimatestrangers_01_stagedirections_128kb.mp3
Thank you, queued for Spot PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Hi Todd and others.

I've been having connection problems with the Internet recently, and I don't know how long this tenuous connection I'm nursing at the moment is going to stay up, so rather than send PM's that I may not be able to logon to see the answers to, the best solution for the moment seems to me to be to grant everyone a one month's extension as necessary.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Michelle,
Please check again at 45:01--I'm not sure the repetition of "coquetry" was edited out. Thanks, L.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ADKreader1122 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 9:25 am Hi Michelle,
Please check again at 45:01--I'm not sure the repetition of "coquetry" was edited out. Thanks, L.
No it was still there have now edited it out and re uploaded thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Thanks, Michelle--all PL Okay now. L.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Station Master act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/intimatestrangers_stationmaster_1.mp3

I think I know the area where this is set assuming that by Uticky he means Utica in New York state, a town where I once worked for a while. I remember taking the train from Utica to Albany and New York City.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi, there might be a delay in the submitting of my sections for this project as I currently have a bad cold which has made my voice very croaky. I get this often and it usually lasts a good two to three weeks before I can record again. I hope this is ok but if you would prefer to re-assign the sections I would fully understand.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Alan,
PL Okay for the Station Master, Act 1. Well done!

Thank you,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Jenn,
You did a fabulous job with Florence! :clap: PL Okay for Acts 2 and 3. In Act 1, just before you say "Don't tell her..." at 1:27, please add the missing line "She makes a fuss about my smoking."

Thanks,
Lora
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

ADKreader1122 wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:06 pm Hello Jenn,
You did a fabulous job with Florence! :clap: PL Okay for Acts 2 and 3. In Act 1, just before you say "Don't tell her..." at 1:27, please add the missing line "She makes a fuss about my smoking."

Thanks,
Lora
Thank you, Lora! I appreciate your careful PLing! I didn't even see that part right smack in the middle of my line :lol:

Here is the correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/intimatestrangers_florence_1.mp3
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I am going to try recording this weekend and see what it sounds like. Fingers crossed. :D
Michele
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Thank you, Jenn--PL Okay for Florence! L.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sorry for my delay in submitting my sections but I have had the flu followed by Covid only just recovered will be recording this weekend.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Here is Act 2 stage directions

I would imagine that as this is nearly an hour long that the final file may be over the maximum length of 70 minutes.
I am happy to record the extra files needed if this act needs to be split into two parts. Just let me know thanks

55:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/intimatestrangers_02_stagedirections_128kb.mp3
Michele