[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Totorokiwi

Post by Totorokiwi »

Hello! I would like to be Loggy :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Totorokiwi wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:35 pm Hello! I would like to be Loggy :D
Great, I will sign you up! Do be sure to complete your one-minute test (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test) before you get started, just to be sure that your software and equipment is set us properly. Everything else you'll need to know should be in the first post of this thread, but let me know if you have any questions that aren't answered there!

And with that, we are FULL! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I finally have the MW updated with all of these. Thanks for your patience! I tried to do it a few days ago, but LV's system kept dropping offline without warning, so I had to give up halfway through. :roll: I hope to get PLs caught up this weekend, but I have a baby shower to attend and a gift to finish making for it, so we'll see! :shock:
Totorokiwi

Post by Totorokiwi »

Hello, I'm very sorry, but it appears as though I am not able to do Loggy. I didn't read the description (shame on me) and unfortunately, I am not an older man with a 'rollicking' voice. :(
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 2:23 pm Here is narrator 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_narrator_04_128kb.mp3

15:01
I forgot, I can work on this baby gift while PLing, of course! :mrgreen:

A couple of notes for section 4, please.

10:39 Missing line, p. 7: "Britt looked up."
14:40 I'd like a redo of this part, if you don't mind. The book uses what I can only assume is an older spelling of this word, with the Spanish character ñ, which certainly looks a lot like canon. Nowadays, we'd spell it canyon. "...looking back up the cañon [canyon] towards the shining crest of Colorow..." (honestly, I meant to change the spelling when making scripts. :? )
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Totorokiwi wrote: August 19th, 2021, 5:54 pm Hello, I'm very sorry, but it appears as though I am not able to do Loggy. I didn't read the description (shame on me) and unfortunately, I am not an older man with a 'rollicking' voice. :(
Oh, I see. Ok. Well, for these small roles, I don't mind gender neutral casting, but if you don't think you can do it justice, I understand that you might want to leave it for someone else. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

If still open, then, I'd be glad to read for Loggy. Can't pass up a chance to argue with the Kantian view of the universe. :lol:
~ Larry
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: August 19th, 2021, 11:08 pm If still open, then, I'd be glad to read for Loggy. Can't pass up a chance to argue with the Kantian view of the universe. :lol:
Thanks, Larry! Yes, I know what you mean. Although what fascinates me about this book is that I find myself disagreeing with both camps of thinkers in the book, and then agreeing with both of them at other points. And that the narrator never really comes down conclusively on either one side or the other. :hmm:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: August 20th, 2021, 4:39 pm Here are some more narrator files I should have the others done by the end of next week.
Thank you!
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: August 19th, 2021, 6:18 pm
wib66 wrote: August 15th, 2021, 2:23 pm Here is narrator 4

15:01
I forgot, I can work on this baby gift while PLing, of course! :mrgreen:

A couple of notes for section 4, please.

10:39 Missing line, p. 7: "Britt looked up."
14:40 I'd like a redo of this part, if you don't mind. The book uses what I can only assume is an older spelling of this word, with the Spanish character ñ, which certainly looks a lot like canon. Nowadays, we'd spell it canyon. "...looking back up the cañon [canyon] towards the shining crest of Colorow..." (honestly, I meant to change the spelling when making scripts. :? )
Here is the edited file

15:04
Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! Narrator section 4 and 5 are PL ok. :)