[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you everyone! I believe that I have updated the MW completely. Let me know if I'm missing something. I have been at a conference this weekend, but I will work on getting PLing caught up over the course of the next few days.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Leganto wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:55 pm Great Aunt Dosia - section 10 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_great_aunt_dosia_10.mp3

Run time: 00:39:31

Please let me know if you'd like me to make any changes.

- Jennifer Wilson
This is PL ok, thank you! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MManolakes wrote: June 25th, 2021, 3:26 pm Dr. Britt, Section 10, duration 4:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_drbritt_10.mp3

Mike
This is PL ok, thanks! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:55 pm
Both PL ok, Alan, thank you! Very well done. It's a pity that MacLeod doesn't have a bit more to say. Although I guess it's a good thing for Viola that he doesn't show up too often. :lol:
Erm, uh, well, I had said that it's too bad that McLeod doesn't have more to say... So, lucky me, we still need one more line? :oops: :mrgreen:

I'm sorry, Alan, but while PLing Morton's part for section 16, I realized that I colored one of McLeod's lines incorrectly. (I changed the text color and not the highlight color. Oops.) I just need the words "We do" inserted at about 1:30. Or, if you'd rather, you can submit them in a new file. So sorry about that, I hate having to change a PL-ok file! :(
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

5:01 OPTIONAL: The line here is "It is all an inner delusion caused by some resemblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." (p. 8 of the script. I hear "It is all an inner delusion caused by some semblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." It's a slight change, and I don't know how much it really changes things. So it's up to you, either to leave it or make that small correction.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Leganto wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:02 pm Mrs. Serviss - Section 16 complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mrs_serviss_16.mp3 (First upload was incorrect. Reuploaded with correct section number in file name.)

Run time: 00:13:35

Feeling like an underachiever...

- Jennifer Wilson
Haha, kind of funny when your voice credit is three times as long as your entire speaking role! :lol:

Seriously though, one word only it may have been, but you infused it with such sweetness and warm that I think we all would be lucky to have such a mother. :9: Well done, and of course, PL ok.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And narrator is PL ok for section 1. Thanks again, Michele, nicely done! :D
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: June 30th, 2021, 8:12 pm
5:01 OPTIONAL: The line here is "It is all an inner delusion caused by some resemblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." (p. 8 of the script. I hear "It is all an inner delusion caused by some semblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." It's a slight change, and I don't know how much it really changes things. So it's up to you, either to leave it or make that small correction.
I'll get on that.
magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

I will take the detective in section 9. Does this character appear anywhere else in the work? I didn't see them, but if so I will gladly take those parts as well.
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

If it's still available, I'd be happy to record Pratt's Guest 2 from both sections 9 and 10. I haven't gotten feedback on my 1-minute test yet, but I can't imagine that'll take 2 months. Is that ok?
:thumbs: Mira
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Miruvor88 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 2:41 pm If it's still available, I'd be happy to record Pratt's Guest 2 from both sections 9 and 10. I haven't gotten feedback on my 1-minute test yet, but I can't imagine that'll take 2 months. Is that ok?
I just for the ok on my 1 minute test! May I claim Pratt's guest 2?
:thumbs: Mira
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: June 30th, 2021, 11:14 pm McCloud chapter 16 with added line

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mcleod_16.mp3
Thank you, Alan! I'm pretty sure you're really, actually, and truly done here now! :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

magejlewis wrote: July 1st, 2021, 8:56 am I will take the detective in section 9. Does this character appear anywhere else in the work? I didn't see them, but if so I will gladly take those parts as well.
Thank you! No, the detective only appears in this one section. However, you are free to claim another small role or two, just so long as you don't appear twice in the same section as different people! :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Miruvor88 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 2:41 pm If it's still available, I'd be happy to record Pratt's Guest 2 from both sections 9 and 10. I haven't gotten feedback on my 1-minute test yet, but I can't imagine that'll take 2 months. Is that ok?
Thank you! And congratulations on your passing test. :D I'd love for you to read this role!

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some pseudonym.