[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Miruvor88 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 2:41 pm If it's still available, I'd be happy to record Pratt's Guest 2 from both sections 9 and 10. I haven't gotten feedback on my 1-minute test yet, but I can't imagine that'll take 2 months. Is that ok?
Thank you! And congratulations on your passing test. :D I'd love for you to read this role!

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some pseudonym.
Mira Williams. Thanks!
:thumbs: Mira
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Miruvor88 wrote: July 4th, 2021, 5:39 pm
mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Miruvor88 wrote: July 1st, 2021, 2:41 pm If it's still available, I'd be happy to record Pratt's Guest 2 from both sections 9 and 10. I haven't gotten feedback on my 1-minute test yet, but I can't imagine that'll take 2 months. Is that ok?
Thank you! And congratulations on your passing test. :D I'd love for you to read this role!

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some pseudonym.
Mira Williams. Thanks!
You got it! Here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/16409 You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW of any project you're signed up to read for. It shows all the projects you're a reader in, both in-progress and (eventually) completed! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And here yet again, I found another piece I need from you while I was PLing narration, which wasn't properly colored. This time, my excuse is that there were no quotation marks around Morton's thoughts, so that it didn't catch my eye as I was skimming through. :?

The missing piece is on page 2 of the script: "The situation is now clear. Clarke is working upon this sweet and charming girl in order to have her take the place of his dead wife. A sorrowful thing to think of, but not so bad as I have been imagining." I have bolded it in the google doc so that you can find it easily, should you want to check the surrounding context. Thank you, and I'm sorry that I missed this before! :(

EDIT: You can submit this in a separate file if it's easier for you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Michele, nice work with this. A couple of notes here, but only one really important one.

1:05 Text here reads, "...while Viola, who came to the door, was again most humanly charming..." I hear, "...while Viola, who came to the door, was again almost humanly charming..."
3:22-3:37 As I just posted above, this section should be Morton's line, but I didn't notice it as I was color coding. :roll: I can cut it, of course, myself, and so I wouldn't have asked you to do so if you weren't already going in there anyway. Even now, I suppose you could still leave it be if you want. :wink: But if you don't mind cutting that bit, it would help me out when it comes time to edit.

There were several spots where there's a long gap that doesn't belong, sometimes in the middle of a sentence. I can cut these down, of course, but you might want to check for that in your next ones.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2021, 5:54 pm
And here yet again, I found another piece I need from you while I was PLing narration, which wasn't properly colored. This time, my excuse is that there were no quotation marks around Morton's thoughts, so that it didn't catch my eye as I was skimming through. :?

The missing piece is on page 2 of the script: "The situation is now clear. Clarke is working upon this sweet and charming girl in order to have her take the place of his dead wife. A sorrowful thing to think of, but not so bad as I have been imagining." I have bolded it in the google doc so that you can find it easily, should you want to check the surrounding context. Thank you, and I'm sorry that I missed this before! :(

Oh, it's fine. I keep my files until the project is finished.

Right now, my family is visiting and the air is filled with explosions, but I will finish this project for you, never fear!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I found that it was impossible for me to either record or even edit last night, because the pops, bangs, and whistles made it hard to concentrate. On the other hand, I'm totally caught up for PLing in all of my projects now! :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi, there might be a delay in the submitting of my sections for this project as I currently have a bad cold which has made my voice very croaky. I get this often and it usually lasts a good two to three weeks before I can record again. I hope this is ok but if you would prefer to re-assign the sections I would fully understand.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. But we are not in a rush here. Take care of yourself! :thumbs:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2021, 6:32 am Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. But we are not in a rush here. Take care of yourself! :thumbs:
Thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: July 4th, 2021, 5:54 pm

File re-done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_03.mp3 9:29
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: June 30th, 2021, 8:12 pm
5:01 OPTIONAL: The line here is "It is all an inner delusion caused by some resemblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." (p. 8 of the script. I hear "It is all an inner delusion caused by some semblance of this voice to that of some one I have known." It's a slight change, and I don't know how much it really changes things. So it's up to you, either to leave it or make that small correction.
File re-done with correction.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_16.mp3 8:20
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I LOVE the fact that I get to give both of Pratt's guests a full PL ok on the first pass! (And what a treat that you both got them in so close together, so I could hear them side by side!)

Well done, you two! :clap: