Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will be resuming my recording this weekend as my voice is now back to normal. Hope that's okay.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: May 21st, 2021, 12:46 pm I will be resuming my recording this weekend as my voice is now back to normal. Hope that's okay.
Sounds great, thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, this is in the MW!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I love the passion you're putting into Viola's rebellion here! :thumbs: Very nice! Section 17 is PL ok, and I have a couple of important notes and a couple of minor notes for the others. :D

15:
7:19 OPTIONAL Text reads, "That is grandfather." I hear, "This is grandfather." (This is said just after a series of knocks are heard, and the "that" refers to the knocking. It makes sense as is, but may sound odd.)

16:
1:17 Missing line: "Yes." (This is on p. 4 of the script, if you'd like to see the context.)

18:
2:59 Added a 'not,' which reverses the meaning. P. 3 of the script: "I am going to leave that house if I fall dead in the streets." I hear, "I am not going to leave..."
9:10 OPTIONAL This is very minor. A slight change of meaning, but I wouldn't have mentioned it if you weren't already making a change. P. 10 of the script: "And I'm going to wire Papa-Joe to come and take us home." I hear, "And I'm going to write Papa-Joe to come and take us home."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And it is PL ok! Again I heard some room noise in the recording. But again, I can clean it up in the editing stage. I won't mention it again if I hear it in subsequent chapters, as I will assume that you're aware of it. :)
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 4:05 pm And it is PL ok! Again I heard some room noise in the recording. But again, I can clean it up in the editing stage. I won't mention it again if I hear it in subsequent chapters, as I will assume that you're aware of it. :)
If it's in the 5-second silences, I'll have to admit to not being as careful with those. I'll try to do better.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

deLorinel wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 11:52 pm If it's in the 5-second silences, I'll have to admit to not being as careful with those. I'll try to do better.
It's throughout. To be clear, I don't mean bumps or thumps or anything like that. Just the kind of fuzzy "air" noise that is constant. It's pretty much impossible to eliminate it unless you have a very well-sound-proofed room. But it's very easy to clean up post-recording. I'll just drop this link here, in case you haven't seen it. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Noisecleaning_With_Pics That walks you through the noise reduction feature of Audacity. If you're not using Audacity, obviously, it won't help.

In any case, as I said, noise cleaning isn't crucial for you to do in this project. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

These are all in the MW, and I look forward to hearing them!

Algy, in case you overlooked it, I also have one line for Pratt in section 8. The character himself doesn't appear yet, but Morton reads a newspaper headline that I wanted voiced. It made more sense to me to assign it to Pratt (who is, after all, her patron) than to create a one-off character. :)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Magicath420 »

Hi! I would like to claim the role of Anthony Clark- her pastor, for all sections. :)
Last edited by Magicath420 on May 26th, 2021, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.