Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shawn510

Post by Shawn510 »

Could I have Dr. Tolman?

Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MManolakes wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:07 pm I'd like to claim Dr. Britt.

Mike
Fantastic! Happy to have you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Shawn510 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:40 pm Could I have Dr. Tolman?

Thanks!
Certainly! It is an interesting, though brief, role. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sections 8,9,10 are PL ok for Pratt. I was planning on doing them all, but got interrupted just here. I hope to finish tonight.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

mightyfelix wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 3:18 pm 16:
1:17 Missing line: "Yes." (This is on p. 4 of the script, if you'd like to see the context.)

18:
2:59 Added a 'not,' which reverses the meaning. P. 3 of the script: "I am going to leave that house if I fall dead in the streets." I hear, "I am not going to leave..."
9:10 OPTIONAL This is very minor. A slight change of meaning, but I wouldn't have mentioned it if you weren't already making a change. P. 10 of the script: "And I'm going to wire Papa-Joe to come and take us home." I hear, "And I'm going to write Papa-Joe to come and take us home."
Files fixed and reuploaded. Thanks! 8-)
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Algy, nice work! I can't imagine a better growl for our Miss Viola's patron! :lol: These are all PL ok, except that I do have an OPTIONAL suggestion for section 20:

I notice you recorded your first three lines muffled, I presume to give the effect of Pratt's being in the other room when he speaks them. And when I first skimmed through this chapter, I thought he was in the other room too, upstairs. But the narrator says he "appeared at the head of the stairs" just before speaking these lines. So they might work better without the muffling. Your choice. I will mark it See PL notes for now. If you'd prefer to leave it as is, let me know and I'll stick it in the PL ok pile. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Availle wrote: May 29th, 2021, 6:02 pm
mightyfelix wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 3:18 pm 16:
1:17 Missing line: "Yes." (This is on p. 4 of the script, if you'd like to see the context.)

18:
2:59 Added a 'not,' which reverses the meaning. P. 3 of the script: "I am going to leave that house if I fall dead in the streets." I hear, "I am not going to leave..."
9:10 OPTIONAL This is very minor. A slight change of meaning, but I wouldn't have mentioned it if you weren't already making a change. P. 10 of the script: "And I'm going to wire Papa-Joe to come and take us home." I hear, "And I'm going to write Papa-Joe to come and take us home."
Files fixed and reuploaded. Thanks! 8-)
PL ok now, thank you! You're all done here! :D
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Section 20 - Simeon Pratt corrected and reuploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_20_simeonpratt_128kb.mp3
1:01

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by mightyfelix »

Algy Pug wrote: May 29th, 2021, 7:34 pm Section 20 - Simeon Pratt corrected and reuploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_20_simeonpratt_128kb.mp3
1:01

Cheers
Wow, thank you for the quick work! :shock:

So you are also all done here, thanks again! :D
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Section 4, Dr. Britt, duration 18:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_drbritt_4.mp3

There are some words in this section that are colored for Britt but belong to the narrator: He turned a number of pages slowly. (in the paragraph that begins, "Mark his change of tone...) You probably want to fix this before the section is narrated.

Mike
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I play Joseph Lambert, her step-father? I think I can tell which character that is in the scripts - the purple and turquoise are far enough from the blue.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: May 30th, 2021, 3:36 pm May I play Joseph Lambert, her step-father? I think I can tell which character that is in the scripts - the purple and turquoise are far enough from the blue.

Thanks, Todd
Oh, you'll make a great Papa Joe! :9: If you do end up having trouble with the colors, let me know. I'll happily change the formatting for you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MManolakes wrote: May 30th, 2021, 2:57 pm Section 4, Dr. Britt, duration 18:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_drbritt_4.mp3

There are some words in this section that are colored for Britt but belong to the narrator: He turned a number of pages slowly. (in the paragraph that begins, "Mark his change of tone...) You probably want to fix this before the section is narrated.

Mike
Ugh, thank you for pointing that out! :? I've already found quite a few mis-colored lines while PLing. :roll: I remember that when I set this project up, I stayed up past my bedtime more than once working on scripts because I was so excited to get going that I wanted to get them ready as soon as possible! Lesson learned, I guess. Don't prepare scripts when your brain isn't fully functioning. :lol:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Morton PL ok for sections 4, 6, 7 and Dr. Britt PL ok for section 4! Thank you both, these two will sound wonderful together! It really was a treat to listen to their conversation in section 4 back-to-back. :9:
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:35 pm Ugh, thank you for pointing that out! :? I've already found quite a few mis-colored lines while PLing. :roll: I remember that when I set this project up, I stayed up past my bedtime more than once working on scripts because I was so excited to get going that I wanted to get them ready as soon as possible! Lesson learned, I guess. Don't prepare scripts when your brain isn't fully functioning. :lol:
For what it's worth, don't hesitate to ask me to resubmit if anything like this happens with one of my sections & I don't catch it. I save all my raw files and it won't be a problem to make edits.