[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No time to PL the narrator tonight, but I'm looking forward to it sometime this weekend!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:40 pm And Mr. Lambert is PL ok! Great job, Todd. I like you as a mountainy man! :lol:
Well, it says I was a miner out near Fremont way, so I 'spected that a dialect like my friend Lightnin' wouldn't be amiss. To kinda like contrast with those slick and cultured city fellas that was agettin' my little girl is so much trouble.

Thanks, Todd
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MManolakes wrote: June 11th, 2021, 3:06 pm Dr. Britt, Section 8, duration 7:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_drbritt_8.mp3

Mike
Thank you! I have a few notes for you in this one, mostly optional.

2:20 OPTIONAL This might be my ears playing tricks on me, I'm not sure. The line here is "Yes. I laid my hand on it while the keys were drummed." I can't hear the ending consonant, so to me this sounds like "Yes. I laid my hand on it while the keys were drum," which sounds strange. Maybe have a listen, and if you agree, you might redo that part.
4:30 The same thing appears to be going on here. The line is, "...hence no failure of effect." This one definitely sounds like it was cut off: "...hence no failure of effec-"
4:40 OPTIONAL A slight word change here, which changes the meaning a bit. Line is, "...and in every other thought most ingenuous." I hear, "and in every other thought most ingenious." Two words that are quite close together in spelling, but different in sound and meaning. I'm going to say it's optional, though, because I'm not sure how many people would even know the difference. :lol:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: June 10th, 2021, 12:33 pm Here is chapter 1 for the narrator

32:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_narrator_01_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Michele, this is well done! I know that our characters' voices are sure to play well off of yours. :9: I do have a couple of notes on this section, mostly optional. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the next one! :D

12:44 OPTIONAL pronunciation note. The line here (p. 5 of the script) is, "...every minute modelling of his face..." I think that "minute" here should be pronounced as its adjective form, my-nyoot, rather than the noun, min-it.
13:20 OPTIONAL It sounds as it the first part of this sentence was cut off a bit. Not near enough to make it confusing or unintelligible. Just enough to sound a bit jarring. "The golden eagle of cloud..."
22:10 This one is a pronunciation note that I definitely would like addressed, please. Page 7 of the script: "...purple buttes of the plain..." This word is pronounced "byoots."
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

For PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_13.mp3 13:8

I've bumped up the db level on my noise reduction. Also, I had to switch mics during editing, as the one I was using started producing unacceptable noise levels. The new one may take some getting used to.

Starting to slowly introduce a bit more maturity into Morton's voice. He's gonna have to man up.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Did you want me to read the character sketches happy to do so
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 4:20 am Did you want me to read the character sketches happy to do so
No, no, those are just for the benefit of potential readers, so they can get to know the characters a bit before they choose who to play. That's not part of the book at all; I wrote it myself, so we wouldn't want to include it as if it was from the pen of the author. :wink:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: June 12th, 2021, 6:38 am
wib66 wrote: June 12th, 2021, 4:20 am Did you want me to read the character sketches happy to do so
No, no, those are just for the benefit of potential readers, so they can get to know the characters a bit before they choose who to play. That's not part of the book at all; I wrote it myself, so we wouldn't want to include it as if it was from the pen of the author. :wink:
No problem thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I have a full day of recording tomorrow so will get some more files uploaded thanks
Michele
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Dr. Britt, Section 8 corrected, duration 7:52

Happy to make the corrections, Devorah. The two ending consonants might have gotten lost in the editing. As for ingenuous, I did misread it as ingenious, and I should have known better. Ingenuous is one of those words that is not nearly as commonly used as its opposite, disingenuous.

Mike
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MManolakes wrote: June 12th, 2021, 10:51 am Dr. Britt, Section 8 corrected, duration 7:52

Happy to make the corrections, Devorah. The two ending consonants might have gotten lost in the editing. As for ingenuous, I did misread it as ingenious, and I should have known better. Ingenuous is one of those words that is not nearly as commonly used as its opposite, disingenuous.

Mike
Thanks so much! PL ok now. :thumbs:
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

For PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_14.mp3 8:35

As I said, different microphone. I will take no offense at requests to re-do anything.

Geez, this guy is dense for a scientist.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

mightyfelix wrote: June 11th, 2021, 8:14 pm
wib66 wrote: June 10th, 2021, 12:33 pm Here is chapter 1 for the narrator

32:08
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_narrator_01_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Michele, this is well done! I know that our characters' voices are sure to play well off of yours. :9: I do have a couple of notes on this section, mostly optional. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the next one! :D

12:44 OPTIONAL pronunciation note. The line here (p. 5 of the script) is, "...every minute modelling of his face..." I think that "minute" here should be pronounced as its adjective form, my-nyoot, rather than the noun, min-it.
13:20 OPTIONAL It sounds as it the first part of this sentence was cut off a bit. Not near enough to make it confusing or unintelligible. Just enough to sound a bit jarring. "The golden eagle of cloud..."
22:10 This one is a pronunciation note that I definitely would like addressed, please. Page 7 of the script: "...purple buttes of the plain..." This word is pronounced "byoots."
This is now edited and reuploaded new time is 32:11 thanks
Michele