[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Uploaded a section for PL. As it is, indeed, my first attempt at dramatic reading for Librivox, I'd like to make sure I did this right before recording too many sections.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_01.mp3 - 8:11
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

deLorinel wrote: May 11th, 2021, 9:33 am Uploaded a section for PL. As it is, indeed, my first attempt at dramatic reading for Librivox, I'd like to make sure I did this right before recording too many sections.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_01.mp3 - 8:11
What a debut! :clap: You make a perfectly wonderful Morton! This is absolutely PL ok. :D

Just so you know, there is no need to record "section 1" or anything like that, since it will just be cut. The file name tells me which is which, and that's all I need.

I'm truly looking forward to hearing the rest!
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:09 pm Just so you know, there is no need to record "section 1" or anything like that, since it will just be cut. The file name tells me which is which, and that's all I need.
Speaking of which, I should have labelled that file as "section 2". Would you like it re-uploaded, or do you want to rename it yourself?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

deLorinel wrote: May 14th, 2021, 12:41 am
mightyfelix wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:09 pm Just so you know, there is no need to record "section 1" or anything like that, since it will just be cut. The file name tells me which is which, and that's all I need.
Speaking of which, I should have labelled that file as "section 2". Would you like it re-uploaded, or do you want to rename it yourself?
:hmm: No, you labeled it correctly. It was named section 1, which is the section that you read, so we're good to go!

(I forgot to mention that the MW will get rearranged from time to time, as PL ok files are moved down to the bottom. So now your section 1 is way down near the bottom, not with the other sections. Maybe that is what's throwing you off.)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

mightyfelix wrote: May 10th, 2021, 8:01 pm 9:
1:45 OPTIONAL Small change. I think it works this way, although the meaning is slightly different, so I'll leave it up to you. Text reads, "If it did no mean so much to Anthony I would refuse." I hear, "If I did no mean so much to Anthony I would refuse."

13:
1:39 Small change here again, in fact the same word. But here, I think it doesn't make as much sense as is, so it should be changed. Text reads, "It was so in Boston; it is going to be the same here." I hear, "I was so in Boston; it is going to be the same here."
8:18 Two takes of "I don't want to go about all my life like an outcast." Both sound good to me, so just choose one to keep and one to toss. :)
Fixed and reuploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_viola_9.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_viola_13.mp3
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Ava. Both PL ok now!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great work again, but unfortunately, you ended a bit too early! :wink: There is still a little more than a full page to go, and Morton still has a few more opinions to express. It's possible that the google doc didn't load fully, and so you thought you were on the last page. Just so you know, if it happens again, each script has "End of Chapter [whatever]" at the bottom, so if you don't see that, you know you're not on the last page yet! :thumbs:
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 14th, 2021, 6:59 pm
Great work again, but unfortunately, you ended a bit too early! :wink: There is still a little more than a full page to go, and Morton still has a few more opinions to express. It's possible that the google doc didn't load fully, and so you thought you were on the last page. Just so you know, if it happens again, each script has "End of Chapter [whatever]" at the bottom, so if you don't see that, you know you're not on the last page yet! :thumbs:
Will resubmit. And thanks for explaining the rearrangement in the MW.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

New file; it should have all the pages this time. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mortonserviss_03.mp3 9:3
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! This is PL ok now (and, you'll notice, down near the bottom of the MW :wink: ). I did notice just now that it has a fair amount of background noise, which I didn't catch on my first listen. But I can easily clean it up in editing, so no need to take any action here. You may want to watch for that in the future, though. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Both PL ok, Alan, thank you! Very well done. It's a pity that MacLeod doesn't have a bit more to say. Although I guess it's a good thing for Viola that he doesn't show up too often. :lol:
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:48 pm I did notice just now that it has a fair amount of background noise, which I didn't catch on my first listen. But I can easily clean it up in editing, so no need to take any action here. You may want to watch for that in the future, though. :)
Cats?

I've recorded for a few other projects; you're the first to mention it.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Haha, no, not cats. Although I did notice one in your first section. :D

No, I just mean room noise. Or white noise, you might say. I didn't hear any in your first section. I don't know what made the difference. But as I said, I can use Audacity's Noise Reduction feature to clean it up before I stitch everything together. (I use noise reduction in all of my own files before submitting.)