[COMPLETE]DR: The Tyranny of the Dark - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you Lora! As I said in the first post, I plan to PL the parts myself, so all you would need to do as DPL for this project is to PL the finished chapters. In other words, the fun part!

It may be quite awhile (months, I'd say) before any chapters are ready. And I'm betting they won't all happen in the right order. But if you're ok with that, then I'd love to have you! :D
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

May I take the role of Simeon Pratt?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by ADKreader1122 »

That sounds great; just keep me in the loop and send me a note when you need me. :D

Thanks,
Lora
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

McLeod section 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mcleod_10.mp3

Just to get this one started :)
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Just to keep you up to date I am hoping to start recording my sections this weekend. I have had the flu and a chest infection so at the moment I have a very deep voice so as soon as that clears up I will get started.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Algy Pug wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 7:50 pm May I take the role of Simeon Pratt?

Cheers
Oh, I think you'll make a wonderful Pratt, thank you! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: May 5th, 2021, 3:32 am McLeod section 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/tyrannyofthedark_mcleod_10.mp3

Just to get this one started :)
Thanks, Alan! I have just one comment on this one.

You should read the character name as I entered it: "MacLeod, her control, read by Alan Mapstone." Just include this on the next one and we'll be good, so I'll mark section 10 PL ok. :thumbs:

Actually, two comments. Well done with this little bit of letter-writing, and I can't wait to hear the next ones! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

wib66 wrote: May 5th, 2021, 4:44 am Just to keep you up to date I am hoping to start recording my sections this weekend. I have had the flu and a chest infection so at the moment I have a very deep voice so as soon as that clears up I will get started.
No rush on this, Michele. Take care of yourself. :thumbs:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Has the role of Serviss been filled?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

deLorinel wrote: May 9th, 2021, 6:55 am Has the role of Serviss been filled?
Not yet! :D
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

mightyfelix wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:29 am
In that case, I'd like to apply for it. What would you like from me?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

deLorinel wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:26 pm
mightyfelix wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:29 am
In that case, I'd like to apply for it. What would you like from me?
Application approved! :lol:

It looks like this is your first time in a dramatic reading, is it not? I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :D

Things work a little bit differently here than in other types of projects. You'll need to submit one file for each of the sections I assigned you in the MW, but you don't need to include an intro or anything like that. Just your voice credit: "Morton Serviss, her lover, read by...(your name)." And then just your lines. You'll find links to the color-coded scripts in the second post of this thread.

You should leave about 3-5 seconds of silence between each of your lines. This includes even small interruptions, such as, for instance: "If you ask my opinion," he said, "I say we should delay as little as possible." If you had a line like this, you would still leave a large space where the narrator says "he said." This will help the editor (me, in this case) to find that break in your line and insert everything correctly.

And, of course, feel free to act things out a bit! The fun part of dramatic readings is that you get to really focus on your character, and emote as much as you wish! There's no need to read the whole book (unless you want to), but it's a good idea to read or skim at least a few sentences before/after your lines, so that you know what you are responding to, so to speak. If the narrator says that there is a chuckle in your voice, for instance, go ahead and laugh a bit.

If you have any questions that I didn't answer, or if anything was unclear, please ask and I'll be happy to clarify!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nicely done, Ava. You capture her desperation and despair very well. No wonder Morton can't resist you! :wink: 5 and 10 are PL ok. A couple of notes on the others.

9:
1:45 OPTIONAL Small change. I think it works this way, although the meaning is slightly different, so I'll leave it up to you. Text reads, "If it did no mean so much to Anthony I would refuse." I hear, "If I did no mean so much to Anthony I would refuse."

13:
1:39 Small change here again, in fact the same word. But here, I think it doesn't make as much sense as is, so it should be changed. Text reads, "It was so in Boston; it is going to be the same here." I hear, "I was so in Boston; it is going to be the same here."
8:18 Two takes of "I don't want to go about all my life like an outcast." Both sound good to me, so just choose one to keep and one to toss. :)