COMPLETE[PLAY]Brewster's Millions, by Smith and Ongley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will be resuming my recording this weekend as my voice is now back to normal. Hope that's okay.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Stage directions for Act 2 are PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I read the Steward?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Salvationist wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 6:37 pm May I read the Steward?
Thank you, signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
tcjsavannah

Post by tcjsavannah »

Hello. I would love to join this project, but I've yet to do a dramatic read - up until now I've only done books and short stories. If I sign up for a character, am I just going through the full text and only reading that character's lines?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks. And you are correct - you read everything for one character. I have a short summary for the important special rules in drama; here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which should be something like: "Matilda O'Fipp, the Colonel's Daughter, read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as we move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into their master file and it's helpful if they have enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:34 am Thanks. And you are correct - you read everything for one character. I have a short summary for the important special rules in drama; here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which should be something like: "Matilda O'Fipp, the Colonel's Daughter, read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as we move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into their master file and it's helpful if they have enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
Michele
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brewstersmillions_stagedirections_03.mp3
Duration: 33:06

Here are stage directions for Act 3.

The text irregularities are challenging, so I'm trying to be consistent throughout the play. Let me know if I've stumbled (or guessed incorrectly) anywhere.

Tina
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brewstersmillions_stagedirections_04.mp3
Duration: 20:21

Here are stage directions for Act 4.

Tina
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

If not claimed, may I claim George MacCloud?

Thanks!

Greg
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

GregGiordano wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:41 pm If not claimed, may I claim George MacCloud?

Thanks!

Greg
That would be "Joseph MacCloud, I think?

Cheers,
Chris
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:09 pm
GregGiordano wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:41 pm If not claimed, may I claim George MacCloud?

Thanks!

Greg
That would be "Joseph MacCloud, I think?

Cheers,
Chris
Yes, it would be!

Many thanks!

Greg
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TrLove wrote: May 25th, 2021, 3:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brewstersmillions_stagedirections_03.mp3
Duration: 33:06

Here are stage directions for Act 3.

The text irregularities are challenging, so I'm trying to be consistent throughout the play. Let me know if I've stumbled (or guessed incorrectly) anywhere.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/brewstersmillions_stagedirections_04.mp3
Duration: 20:21

Here are stage directions for Act 4.

Tina

Tina
Thank you, Tina, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Salvationist