Thank you,
Lora
Zanna

Post by Zanna »

Sure! You can use "Susan Essary"
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Zanna wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 3:24 pm Sure! You can use "Susan Essary"
Great! I'll add you to the Magic Window.

Mike
BAMClockwise

Post by BAMClockwise »

Hi, I'd love to jump in for an open part or two. It's my first time doing a dramatic reading. Should I just pick one person, or are you doing any doubling up for characters? And are there any characters that are supposed to be read gender specifically?

Thanks,
Bethany
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

BAMClockwise wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 5:03 pm Hi, I'd love to jump in for an open part or two. It's my first time doing a dramatic reading. Should I just pick one person, or are you doing any doubling up for characters? And are there any characters that are supposed to be read gender specifically?

Thanks,
Bethany
Hi, Bethany, thanks for offering to read for this project! You can sign up for multiple characters, but for now I'm limiting it to one per act. All the roles are gender-neutral. Let me know who you'd like to read.

Mike
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

MManolakes wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 9:54 am Thank you, Kelly! For now, I'm limiting readers who are doing the smaller parts to just one character per act, maximum. Take your pick of any unclaimed part in each act. In addition, there are also lines spoken by the crowd, etc., that need to be read.

Mike
Okay! In that case - sign me up for The soubrette.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Thanks, Mike--sorry I missed the directions for the minor characters!

Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi TRutter,
Please amplify the Dramatis Personae file through Audacity to reach the desired volume range and then run it through the Checker program before re-uploading. Mike suggested amplifying by 4 dB. I've checked the stage direction files for Acts 1 and 2; the volume is fine, no alteration needed.

Thank you!
Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ktaylor07 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:57 am
MManolakes wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 9:54 am Thank you, Kelly! For now, I'm limiting readers who are doing the smaller parts to just one character per act, maximum. Take your pick of any unclaimed part in each act. In addition, there are also lines spoken by the crowd, etc., that need to be read.

Mike
Okay! In that case - sign me up for The soubrette.
Done!

Mike
BAMClockwise

Post by BAMClockwise »

MManolakes wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:36 am
BAMClockwise wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 5:03 pm Hi, I'd love to jump in for an open part or two. It's my first time doing a dramatic reading. Should I just pick one person, or are you doing any doubling up for characters? And are there any characters that are supposed to be read gender specifically?

Thanks,
Bethany
Hi, Bethany, thanks for offering to read for this project! You can sign up for multiple characters, but for now I'm limiting it to one per act. All the roles are gender-neutral. Let me know who you'd like to read.

Mike
Okay cool! Can I take Le Bret? Thanks!
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

BAMClockwise wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 4:40 pm
MManolakes wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:36 am

Thanks,
Bethany

Mike
Okay cool! Can I take Le Bret? Thanks!
All yours!

Mike
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_stagedirect_persons-_6:23:21,_8_38_PM.mp3

Round 2 of Stage direction, persons. Appreciate the feedback.
Trish
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Here is the Soubrette:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyrano_soubrette_1.mp3

The crowd parts were really fun! I hope I didn't miss any lines I was supposed to read!
KST
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Trutter00 wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 8:48 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_stagedirect_persons-_6:23:21,_8_38_PM.mp3

Round 2 of Stage direction, persons. Appreciate the feedback.
Trish
When you save your files, make sure you use the correct format

For individual roles: cyranodebergerac_role_#.mp3 where # is the act number. (e.g. cyranodebergerac_romeo_1.mp3) For the dramatis personae, the act number is 0.

You can reuse the same filename when you need to upload a revised version of the file, because the uploader automatically renames the earlier version of the file.

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ktaylor07 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 5:30 am Here is the Soubrette:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyrano_soubrette_1.mp3

The crowd parts were really fun! I hope I didn't miss any lines I was supposed to read!
KST
Thanks, Kelly.

Mike