[OPEN] Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, trans. by Brian Hooker-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Here is another version of The Porter Act 1. I attempted to fix the "clipping" issues.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_theporter_1.mp3

Please let me know what you think! I am completely open to constructive feedback!
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

JGVoices wrote: April 13th, 2021, 9:18 am Here is another version of The Porter Act 1. I attempted to fix the "clipping" issues.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_theporter_1.mp3

Please let me know what you think! I am completely open to constructive feedback!
Everything sounds good. Kudos on giving the part a French accent, although it's not necessary to read with an accent. It's no problem with a small role like this, but I think it would get tiresome if every character in the play had an accent.

I'm assuming that for the LV catalog you will be Jonathan Gary, as you read for your voice credit. Am I spelling your name correctly?

Now that you're a part of Act 1, do consider claiming other roles in any of the other four acts. Acts 2 and 4 especially need many voices.

Mike
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

You spelled my name perfectly!
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

May I also take 1st Cavalier, Act 1, 2nd Cavalier, Act 1, 1st Lackey, Act 1, and, 2nd Lackey, Act 1? I would like the opportunity to speak opposite to myself for practicing character differentiation. Thanks!
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

JGVoices wrote: April 15th, 2021, 9:01 am May I also take 1st Cavalier, Act 1, 2nd Cavalier, Act 1, 1st Lackey, Act 1, and, 2nd Lackey, Act 1? I would like the opportunity to speak opposite to myself for practicing character differentiation. Thanks!
For now, I'd like to limit readers to just a single character in each act, especially within the same scene. It may become confusing to listeners if the same reader is reading different characters in the same section of the play. There are still many roles available in the other four acts for you to try.

I may change my mind on this in time, if it becomes too difficult to get enough readers to cover all the parts in Act 1, but we're not at that point yet.

Mike
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Ok then. May I take The Capuchin Act 3 and The Cook Act 2? Thanks.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Mike,
I would be interested in being DPL for this ambitious project if you still need someone. I do have several projects that I'm working on and don't want to overcommit myself. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ADKreader1122 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 1:12 pm Hi Mike,
I would be interested in being DPL for this ambitious project if you still need someone. I do have several projects that I'm working on and don't want to overcommit myself. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Lora
I would accept your help gladly. I anticipate it will take a long time to get this play fully cast and then recorded, so there may not be a lot of proof-listening that needs to be done at any particular time. In other words, you can PL at whatever pace you feel comfortable with; there's no hurry. Thanks.

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

JGVoices wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:49 pm Ok then. May I take The Capuchin Act 3 and The Cook Act 2? Thanks.
That would be great. Thanks!

Mike
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Here are the initial recordings for the cook (ACT 2) and the capuchin (ACT 3). What do you think? Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_thecapuchin_3.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_thecook_2.mp3
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Great, Mike--count me in and please let me know if there are any particular PL instructions.

Thanks,
Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ADKreader1122 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:19 am Great, Mike--count me in and please let me know if there are any particular PL instructions.

Thanks,
Lora
Standard PL will be fine.

Mike
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Jonathan and Mike,
PL Okay for Porter, Act 1, Cook, Act 2 and Capuchin, Act 3.

Thank you.
I'll let Mike update the MW since I don't have access yet.

Lora
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here are my bit parts.
The Second Poet, act 2 (I've also read a couple of lines attributed to A Poet--the choke and the offer of a pentacrostic; I'm taking Mike's advice about recording lines when in doubt to heart... )
Duration 1:25
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_secondpoet_2.mp3

Sister Marthe, act 5 (I've read all the Nuns lines but assumed that the single Nun is someone other than me; also recorded Marthe's "Oh" on seeing Cyrano's condition in two different tones)
Duration 2:56
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_sistermarthe_5.mp3
Last edited by JoannaHoyt on April 17th, 2021, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.