[OPEN] Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, trans. by Brian Hooker-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Salvationist wrote: September 8th, 2021, 4:46 pm Here is the first violin:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_violin_1.mp3 20 seconds
Thanks!

Mike
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I can take the role "A Lady"
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
chartjunk

Post by chartjunk »

I'm sorry, this is the first dramatic work I've looked at. I cannot tell if there's a role open. If there is, I would be more than happy to fill it. Any chance you could let me know what's open? I apologize for not knowing.
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

LCaulkins wrote: September 11th, 2021, 4:44 pm I can take the role "A Lady"
Thanks! Please remember, you can record not only the lines that are specific to "A Lady" in Act One, but also those marked "All", "Voices", etc. -- anything that seems appropriate!

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

chartjunk wrote: September 11th, 2021, 5:11 pm I'm sorry, this is the first dramatic work I've looked at. I cannot tell if there's a role open. If there is, I would be more than happy to fill it. Any chance you could let me know what's open? I apologize for not knowing.
In the first post, there's an area marked "Magic Window". All of the parts that are marked "Open" under "Status" are open. You'll see that there are still a very large number of available roles. All roles are gender neutral. Note which acts are listed for each part -- if a character appears in more than one act, you're signing up for that character in every act, but if the character only appears in one act, you're welcome to sign up for other characters in other acts. Make sure you submit a separate file for each act.

Glad your interested in recording for dramatic works! It's a little different than other LibriVox recordings. Your recording doesn't start with the LibriVox disclaimer, but you do start your first file for each character with your voice credit: "Character Name read by Your Name." Then make sure you have three to five seconds of silence between each line, to make it easy to edit in with the other lines. If there's a stage direction in the middle of your line, leave the same amount of silence there as well.

Hope to hear from you soon with your choice of characters in "Cyrano"!

Mike
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here is Lady Act 1

with all the voices/crowd type spots I could find 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_lady_1.mp3 (3:52)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

LCaulkins wrote: September 13th, 2021, 7:18 am Here is Lady Act 1

with all the voices/crowd type spots I could find 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_lady_1.mp3 (3:52)
Thank you!

Mike
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi David and Lynnet,
The 1st Violin and A Lady/crowd voices are PL Okay for Act 1.

Thanks,
Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

The person who signed up to read Ligniere seems to have disappeared. I'm marking that role Open again.

Mike
magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

Could I take the cutpurse part in Act 1?
Thanks!
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

magejlewis wrote: September 15th, 2021, 9:44 am Could I take the cutpurse part in Act 1?
Thanks!
The Cutpurse is yours.

Mike
magejlewis

Post by magejlewis »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_cutpurse_1.mp3
Here is the Cut Purse. I'm not sure if you need this, but this file runs at 1:40.
Thank you!
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

magejlewis wrote: October 8th, 2021, 4:47 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cyranodebergerac_cutpurse_1.mp3
Here is the Cut Purse. I'm not sure if you need this, but this file runs at 1:40.
Thank you!
Thank you!

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

It's been a while since any new readers have signed up for this play, and we still have many open parts, especially in Act 1. Previously, I had asked that readers only sign up for one part per act, but since Act 1 is so lengthy with many available parts to fill, I'm going to modify this rule starting now.

For the purposes of claiming parts only, Act 1 is now divided into three subsections. Act 1a is pages 1-25 (to Cyrano's entrance), Act 1b is pages 26-45 (to the end of the Duel in Verse), and Act 1c is 46-61 (to the end of the act). You may now sign up for more than one part in Act 1 as long as you don't claim more than one part per subsection. In other words, you could claim a role that appears only in 1a, another role that appears only in 1b, and a third role if it only appears in 1c.

This only applies to individual lines. Any "group" lines you read do not have this restriction.

If you've already recorded lines for Act 1 (and I thank you!) check to see which pages your lines were on, and feel free to claim any part from any subsection of Act 1 that your first character didn't appear in.

When submitting files, please still record all the lines for that character for the entire act, and submit a different file for each character that you read. Do not include a, b, or c when you identify the act in the file name.

Here are the remaining Act 1 roles, with the subsections they appear in:

First Cavalier ac
Second Cavalier a
First Lackey a
Second Lackey a
Guardsman a
Man a
Citizen ab
Second Man a
The Boy ab
Second Page a
Third Page a
Spectator a
Voice ab
First Marquis abc
Second Marquis a
Brissaille ac
Ligniere ac
Second Violin a
A Noble b
Bellarose bc
Jodelet bc
A Meddler b
Valvert b
Musketeer c
Second Comedienne c

The parts in boldface are larger parts (10 or more lines each). Remember that all parts are gender-neutral.

Thanks for your help in completing this project. I've been editing the acts as the readings come in, and what we have so far is marvelous! I can't wait to get this done so that all of you can hear what it sounds like!

Mike
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

I'm already the First Page in Act 1. May I also read the Meddler and the Second Comedienne?
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.