Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thank you, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

a wonderful performance Todd !!! I had to chuckle a lot at your bumbling entry with the pretend gout :lol: but then he goes on being a really hard bargainer and businessman. He reminds me a lot of Donald Duck's Uncle Scrooge. :mrgreen:

Now I can imagine the whole play as a Donald Duck comic :lol: I guess my character would be the black witch who is constantly trying to get his lucky penny 8-)

I loved your part !!! And nothing missing as far as I can see, so PL ok right away.

Thank you, looking forward to all this assembled.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So now you think of me as a bumbling spats-wearing duck with a monocle? I don't ever get the respect I deserve....

Doomed, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 29th, 2021, 8:35 am So now you think of me as a bumbling spats-wearing duck with a monocle? I don't ever get the respect I deserve....
try to convince me with your evil trickster side as Ulysses :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:54 am Cyrus Martin recorded. Must edit to "clean 'im up"

Thanks, Todd
Ambrose Peale has been recorded. Will now edit to louse him up a bit (more). :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Je suis le advertising agent." :mrgreen:

Here's Ambrose Peale...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_peale_1.mp3

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:41 pm"Je suis le advertising agent." :mrgreen:
Here's Ambrose Peale...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_peale_1.mp3
:lol: "your French is rotten" ;) (quote of the Countess...actually in that one sentence the three French words weren't bad at all) Great start, this is a huge part :shock: and you're a fast talker when you hit the audience with the advertising campaigns :lol:

Absolutely PL ok. Looking forward to the rest, especially to our dialogue among scoundrels. :mrgreen:

Something else concerning the Countess: on page 41, she exclaims "Faites pas ça" in the stage directions. Do you want me to read that as well or will it be done by the narrator ? I noticed, I forgot to include it, but I can add it if you need it

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:54 am actually in that one sentence the three French words weren't bad at all
And to think that I was trying so hard to get my Australian accent to do to the French language what it does to the English one. :lol:
Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:54 am Something else concerning the Countess: on page 41, she exclaims "Faites pas ça" in the stage directions. Do you want me to read that as well or will it be done by the narrator ? I noticed, I forgot to include it, but I can add it if you need it
Why don't we let whoever winds up reading the Stage Directions decide that one? And I've just noticed that I neglected to put the Stage Directions parts in the MW ... I'll do that now.

Cheers,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another great performance, thanks Chris. Looking forward to hearing all this dialogue together. At one point they all sound like headless chicken in a courtyard :lol: A very funny play.

PL ok again :thumbs:

Sonia
HelloCentral

Post by HelloCentral »

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

HelloCentral wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:54 pm Uploaded part of Charles Bronson

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_Charles_Bronson_3.mp3
Thank you, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HelloCentral wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:54 pmUploaded part of Charles Bronson
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_Charles_Bronson_3.mp3
:clap: hi Rick, and thank you for this wonderful portrayal. You made the guy sound genuinely enthusiastic and professional at the same time. I really enjoyed the performance and I hope you did too, so I can hear you in plenty more roles soon :9: (I would especially see you in one specific role, if you are already ready for a bigger part...)

Charles Bronson (wasn't there a western star by that name ? :hmm: ) is totally PL ok. Congrats on your first official LV section.

Just one small advice for future drama roles: if there are stage directions inside your speech, you also should leave 2 to 3 seconds of silence, to make it easier for the editor to cut out the snippets and paste them into the masterfile. No need to reupload this time, just for future consideration. Oh and the filenames should never have upper-case letters ;)

Thanks !

Sonia
HelloCentral

Post by HelloCentral »

Sonia,

Thanks so much for the comments and the stage direction tips. I'd be happy to try another role, so point me to it.

Rick