COMPLETE[PLAY]It Pays To Advertise by Megrue & Hackett - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

HelloCentral wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:29 amThanks so much for the comments and the stage direction tips. I'd be happy to try another role, so point me to it.
sure, I'll send you details in a PM :) check your inbox !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I would be happy to read the stage directions and edit the final files together if you wish :D
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

wib66 wrote: June 11th, 2021, 5:33 pm I would be happy to read the stage directions and edit the final files together if you wish :D
Thank you, signing you up!

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Chris,

Do I read it correctly that the "Sandwich Men 1, 2, and 3" only have one, two word line? I think I could handle that. Actually, I could record five or six different "Yes, sir" lines and you could pick out which one, or two or three you want. And since the script says 'six', I could try even more.

What says you.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kalamareader wrote: June 20th, 2021, 2:52 pm Chris,

Do I read it correctly that the "Sandwich Men 1, 2, and 3" only have one, two word line? I think I could handle that. Actually, I could record five or six different "Yes, sir" lines and you could pick out which one, or two or three you want. And since the script says 'six', I could try even more.

What says you.

Wayne
That'd e great, Wayne! Signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

catharmaiden wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 10:26 am et voilà, voici Marie:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_marie_1.mp3 (0:45)

Sandra
Thanks, Sandra, maid my day. :wink:

Queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 10:26 amet voilà, voici Marie:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_marie_1.mp3 (0:45)
brilliantly done, Sandra, thank you so much. I especially loved the flippant comment at the end :mrgreen:

All PL ok

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:28 pm

What says you.

Wayne

Cheers,
Chris
Well,

Here it goes: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_sandwichman_2.mp3

I gave you a few to choose from, as well as six character intros, depending on how many you wanted to use.

Wayne
Wayne
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kalamareader wrote: June 26th, 2021, 11:51 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 7:28 pm

What says you.

Wayne

Cheers,
Chris
Well,

Here it goes: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_sandwichman_2.mp3

I gave you a few to choose from, as well as six character intros, depending on how many you wanted to use.

Wayne
Thank you, Wayne, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: June 26th, 2021, 11:51 amWell,
:lol: I think this assembling will be mightily funny and effective. Thanks Wayne...I fear you may have a case of multiple personality now :mrgreen: And there were more than six versions if I count correctly. The editor will be spoilt for choice. How often can one say "Yes, Sir" in different variants !

If I might suggest one thing, I would run the voice credit as "The six sandwich-men, read by Wayne Cooke" instead of listing them all, which may sound a bit tedious, since it's all the same voice. In other plays, if only one person plays the entire "chorus of men" we also make the voice credit for the group credit. Could you add this line right at the beginning please ?

Chris: I changed the MW to reflect this and deleted the extra roles to tidy up.

Thanks

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: June 28th, 2021, 1:07 am
Kalamareader wrote: June 26th, 2021, 11:51 amWell,
:lol: I think this assembling will be mightily funny and effective. Thanks Wayne...I fear you may have a case of multiple personality now :mrgreen: And there were more than six versions if I count correctly. The editor will be spoilt for choice. How often can one say "Yes, Sir" in different variants !

If I might suggest one thing, I would run the voice credit as "The six sandwich-men, read by Wayne Cooke" instead of listing them all, which may sound a bit tedious, since it's all the same voice. In other plays, if only one person plays the entire "chorus of men" we also make the voice credit for the group credit. Could you add this line right at the beginning please ?

Chris: I changed the MW to reflect this and deleted the extra roles to tidy up.

Thanks

Sonia
Sonia and Todd,

Here is the 'shortened' Six Sandwich Men:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_sandwichman_2.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: June 29th, 2021, 5:42 pmHere is the 'shortened' Six Sandwich Men:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_sandwichman_2.mp3
thank you, Wayne, all PL ok now :)

Sonia
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi, there might be a delay in the submitting of my sections for this project as I currently have a bad cold which has made my voice very croaky. I get this often and it usually lasts a good two to three weeks before I can record again. I hope this is ok but if you would prefer to re-assign the sections I would fully understand.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sorry for my delay in submitting my sections but I have had the flu followed by Covid only just recovered will be recording this weekend.
Michele