COMPLETE[DRs]DR Scene and Story Collection, Volume 003 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

ToddHW wrote: September 9th, 2021, 12:27 pm Congratulations.

How long is it? (Helps potential volunteers to PL it, plus I need to know for cataloging.)

Thanks, Todd
Duration is 13:10 and in the MW. :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Any volunteers to PL the completed "Barriers"?

Thanks, Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Here is the finished Mad Tea Party:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol003_03_various_128kb.mp3
16:34

Would anyone be willing to PL it?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

By the way, I will need cast lists for both of these completed DRs. Examples of the necessary html abound in the previous DR or one act play collections. (And the reader sections are at the bottom of the MW here so you know who did what.)

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Bookworm360 wrote: September 9th, 2021, 10:19 am YAY! Barriers is ready for PL!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
(If anything went wrong, this was my first time editing audio*.)

*After many attempts, to be honest
"Barriers Swept Away" is PL OK, and sounds very smoothly edited to me. :clap: :clap: :clap: (There are a few very minor differences between the spoken text and the Gutenberg text of Leslie's part, but nothing that alters the meaning or the feeling of the sentences at all, and I think this is Standard PL not word perfect.)
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

jennlea wrote: September 10th, 2021, 12:53 pm Here is the finished Mad Tea Party:

I think the Mad Tea Party is PL OK, and the readings are vivid and delightful. :clap: :clap: :clap: There are two places where there's a difference between the recording and the text that might matter, but I'm not at all sure they need to be changed. At 4:13 “I told you butter wouldn’t suit the works” sounds more to me like “I told you butter would suit the works," and at 14:03 for “and they drew all manner of things” I hear “and they drew in all manner of things”
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

JoannaHoyt wrote: September 12th, 2021, 12:41 pm
jennlea wrote: September 10th, 2021, 12:53 pm Here is the finished Mad Tea Party:

I think the Mad Tea Party is PL OK, and the readings are vivid and delightful. :clap: :clap: :clap: There are two places where there's a difference between the recording and the text that might matter, but I'm not at all sure they need to be changed. At 4:13 “I told you butter wouldn’t suit the works” sounds more to me like “I told you butter would suit the works,"
Hi there,

I listened to the line at 4:13, and I think what I did was kind of 'swallowed' the "n't" part of the word. I can quite understand how it could be missed. It is up to you, but I don't know how well I could do that voice again, but what ever you say I will do. :D

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Kalamareader wrote: September 12th, 2021, 2:23 pm

Hi there,

I listened to the line at 4:13, and I think what I did was kind of 'swallowed' the "n't" part of the word. I can quite understand how it could be missed. It is up to you, but I don't know how well I could do that voice again, but what ever you say I will do. :D

Wayne
Yes, that is a remarkable and impressive voice, and I can imagine it would be hard to reproduce... and I wasn't at all sure the "nt" was worth mentioning. I'm fairly new to LV and still figuring out how picky to be in PLing--and usually I try to think whether the sense of the passage is affected, but making that determination about anything in the Mad Tea Party is beyond me. :D I'm not at all attached to either change--whatever makes sense to you and Jenn is good.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thank you, Joanna for the PL!! I really appreciate it!

I’m fine with leaving Wayne’s line as is unless it bothers him and he wants to change it. I just attributed it the silliness of the character and the whole scene for that matter.

I will go ahead and fix my line. Thank you for catching that!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:thumbs:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Harvy in the Kiss is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

wib66 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 5:14 pm Harvy in the Kiss is PL OK
Thank you!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MW updated.

Thanks, Todd