COMPLETE[DRs]DR Scene and Story Collection, Volume 003 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Salvationist wrote: May 26th, 2021, 1:09 pm
Kalamareader wrote: May 1st, 2021, 12:23 pm Hi there,
Might I claim "Count de Avalon" in The Masked Marriage?
Thanks,
Wayne
Please do! I appreciate you signing up!
Well, here is the Count de Adelon: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/themaskedmarriage_deadelon_alcott.mp3

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Todd, the narrator for Les Misérables is also ready for PL.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

I would be interested in reading Jean Valjean if I might.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Jasmin (Unicorn) will read Little Gervais and I would like to read Madame Magloire in 5. "The Bishop Works and Little Gervais” from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, please.

Thanks,
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Count de Avelon is PL OK!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

I re-posted my Alice section. It's ready for spot PL!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

JoannaHoyt wrote: May 26th, 2021, 10:27 am Here is the narrator for the two chapters from Les Misérables. Sorry this took me so long. Duration 24:53

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol003_lesmiserables_hugo_128kb.mp3

Eliza, thank you for the very clear pronunciation notes. I've done my best with Madame Magloire's name...

Also, at 21:15—Valjean’s remembered exclamation “I am a wretch!” is colored as the narrator’s line not Valjean’s, so I have read it.
I’m so glad you got to narrate for one of your favorite books Joanna. Your reading was lovely, and PL okay. All the pronunciations sounded great to me, (though I am by no means a French expert).

I guess I assumed that it would (should?) be standard practice on English books to provide pronunciations for non-English names if multiple people have to pronounce them. I do not care so much how people pronounce words, but it is nice if readers can be somewhat consistent with each other.

Good catch on that one line - I have coded it for Jean Valjean now.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

ElizaZ wrote: May 27th, 2021, 7:55 pm
JoannaHoyt wrote: May 26th, 2021, 10:27 am Here is the narrator for the two chapters from Les Misérables. Sorry this took me so long. Duration 24:53

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/drsceneandstoryvol003_lesmiserables_hugo_128kb.mp3

Eliza, thank you for the very clear pronunciation notes. I've done my best with Madame Magloire's name...

Also, at 21:15—Valjean’s remembered exclamation “I am a wretch!” is colored as the narrator’s line not Valjean’s, so I have read it.
I’m so glad you got to narrate for one of your favorite books Joanna. Your reading was lovely, and PL okay. All the pronunciations sounded great to me, (though I am by no means a French expert).

I guess I assumed that it would (should?) be standard practice on English books to provide pronunciations for non-English names if multiple people have to pronounce them. I do not care so much how people pronounce words, but it is nice if readers can be somewhat consistent with each other.

Good catch on that one line - I have coded it for Jean Valjean now.
Eliza,

As I was reading through the Jean Valjean part, and the note above, I really feel that the second “I am a wretch “ line should be the narrator’s line as she is describing what happened in the past. I feel that my saying it wouldn’t seem right and would break the flow of the narration, but of course you are the boss and I will do whatever you say. :D

Wayne
Wayne
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Bookworm360 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:40 pm I re-posted my Alice section. It's ready for spot PL!
Thank you! This is now PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

Kalamareader wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:59 am Eliza,

As I was reading through the Jean Valjean part, and the note above, I really feel that the second “I am a wretch “ line should be the narrator’s line as she is describing what happened in the past. I feel that my saying it wouldn’t seem right and would break the flow of the narration, but of course you are the boss and I will do whatever you say. :D

Wayne
Sounds good to me! I agree with that logic. Joanna did read that line in her narration, so you are clear to leave it out. That is what I was thinking when I originally made the script, but I don’t have much experience with how DR’s usually are done so open to feedback.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

Here is Jean Valjean for Les Miserables: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lesmiserables_jeanvaljean_hugo.mp3

~2:15

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne