COMPLETE [Play] A Family Man by John Galsworthy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Generoushorse wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:17 am Boys' voices looks fun but challenging! I know by voice naturally sounds a bit boyish at tiimes, so I think it'll be prefect for me. Plus, who doesn't love tormenting the protagonist?

Are you wanting multiple people to take take that role?
Hi if you think you can have a go at doing one or two different voices that would be great just let me know what you decide it is only one line so should be okay
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

wib66 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:28 am
Generoushorse wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:17 am Boys' voices looks fun but challenging! I know by voice naturally sounds a bit boyish at tiimes, so I think it'll be prefect for me. Plus, who doesn't love tormenting the protagonist?

Hi if you think you can have a go at doing one or two different voices that would be great just let me know what you decide it is only one line so should be okay
Sounds fun! I've been working on my repituar of voices. Time to see if I can summon them at will.

He has more than one line though. He repeats Johnny builder several times, reveals that he "beat 'is wife" and calls him names.... unless I'm reading it wrong.

I'll take a shot at it today. If I don't feel up to it I'll Take Journalist
Roxy
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Generoushorse wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:34 am
wib66 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 4:28 am

Sounds fun! I've been working on my repituar of voices. Time to see if I can summon them at will.

He has more than one line though. He repeats Johnny builder several times, reveals that he "beat 'is wife" and calls him names.... unless I'm reading it wrong.

I'll take a shot at it today. If I don't feel up to it I'll Take Journalist
Sorry yes there is more than one line sorry. Looking forward to listening thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

Time got away from me today, so I wasn't able to do any recording. Sorry.

I found a newspapper boy in Act 2 that says similar things as Boy's Voice in act 3 and is named "Boy's Voice." I see he isn't in the MW; shall I say his lines as well?
Roxy
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Generoushorse wrote: March 30th, 2021, 7:09 pm Time got away from me today, so I wasn't able to do any recording. Sorry.

I found a newspapper boy in Act 2 that says similar things as Boy's Voice in act 3 and is named "Boy's Voice." I see he isn't in the MW; shall I say his lines as well?
That would be great thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Topping Act 2 is PL OK thanks
Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I read The Mayor?

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:20 pm May I read The Mayor?

Thanks, Todd
That would be great thank you Todd
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Topping Act 3

Hi Alan there is a couple of missing lines but it is my fault as I did not highlight it in the text properly. Sorry about that

5:37
Very good, sir. There's a gentleman from the "Comet" in the hall, sir. Would you see him for a minute, he says.

Missing line
7:10 - Good night

Thanks
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Topping act 3 revised

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/familyman_topping_3.mp3

Second missing line is "Good night, Sir"
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Topping act 3 is PL OK thanks
Michele