(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

JayScheidt1981 wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:21 pm I would like section 2.
Hey, Jay!

Welcome to LibriVox and welcome to The Mystery of a Hansom Cab. We are happy to have you here. :thumbs:

This book/project is a Dramatic Reading, meaning you claim a character, not a section. It's a little bit different from other LibriVox projects but double the fun. :D

Feel Free to browse among the characters. Once you found one that you like to play. Let me know and I'd be happy to assign it to you.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:50 pm
DOLZ wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:23 am Hello. I would like to request the role of "Scotch Nurse" if it hasn't already been requested. Thank you :D
Hey, again! Of course, you can have it. All yours. Thank you for participating again. We're happy to have you.
having a bad day :cry: . So sorry I keep flubbing this.
Last edited by DOLZ on July 20th, 2021, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:13 am
DOLZ wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:23 am Hello. I would like to request the role of "Scotch Nurse" if it hasn't already been requested. Thank you :D
Hey, again! Of course, you can have it. All yours. Thank you for participating again. We're happy to have you.
moved content
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahandsomecab_scotch_nurse_30.mp3

total time: 10 seconds + 57

reader: 1 second + 39

'he's fey' = 6 seconds + 50 to 7 seconds + 42
'he's no lang for the walrd' = 8 seconds + 73 to 10 seconds + 31

Effects and order:
*Click removal
*Noise reduction
*normalization
*ReplayGain

Checker result: Passed

Thank you.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

moved content
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

moved content
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:16 am Ready for PL:

Effects and order:
*Click removal
*Noise reduction
*normalization
*ReplayGain

Thank you.
Hey,

I see there is clipping in the audio. You don't have to worry about it. I believe when we have an editor for this project he/she would be able to fix it.

You can see if you go to View > Show Clipping (on/off) within Audacity.

Other than that it is PL OK. And you did a good job playing the Scotch Nurse. :clap:

Have I mentioned Audacity Macros to you? It is very helpful when you use the same effects with your recordings.

Here's a tutorial for you: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396441804. If you want to skip to the Macros part, it starts at 00:25.

If you are curious about my own effects here they are:
1. Compressor
2. Replay Gain
3. De-clicker

Then I do noise reduction outside of the Macros.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:33 am
DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:16 am Ready for PL:

Effects and order:
*Click removal
*Noise reduction
*normalization
*ReplayGain

Thank you.
Hey,

I see there is clipping in the audio. You don't have to worry about it. I believe when we have an editor for this project he/she would be able to fix it.

You can see if you go to View > Show Clipping (on/off) within Audacity.

Other than that it is PL OK. And you did a good job playing the Scotch Nurse. :clap:

Have I mentioned Audacity Macros to you? It is very helpful when you use the same effects with your recordings.

Here's a tutorial for you: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396441804. If you want to skip to the Macros part, it starts at 00:25.

If you are curious about my own effects here they are:
1. Compressor
2. Replay Gain
3. De-clicker

Then I do noise reduction outside of the Macros.
This is great! Thanks. Yes, I'm all for learning anything new, especially the software. I will play with this while I'm summoning the courage to bid for a new role :wink: . There are fewer and fewer small parts now.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:38 am This is great! Thanks. Yes, I'm all for learning anything new, especially the software. I will play with this while I'm summoning the courage to bid for a new role :wink: . There are fewer and fewer small parts now.
My pleasure! I know you'll do great in your next role. And when you finally decide to do your own SOLO, I'd be happy to be your DPLer.

I hope to work with you again soon! :D
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:38 am I will play with this while I'm summoning the courage to bid for a new role :wink: . There are fewer and fewer small parts now.
By the way, if you are looking for short roles you may want to check The Author's Farce (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=83371). There are short roles there. And Kitty (Sonia) is an amazing PLer.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:14 am
DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:38 am I will play with this while I'm summoning the courage to bid for a new role :wink: . There are fewer and fewer small parts now.
By the way, if you are looking for short roles you may want to check The Author's Farce (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=83371). There are short roles there. And Kitty (Sonia) is an amazing PLer.
Awesome! I will look for it. Thanks again :)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:43 am Awesome! I will look for it. Thanks again :)
Anytime!! :9:
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Greetings,
Here is the recording of the sick woman role in Chapter 15.
So, I attempted to sound like I was very weak and sick while singing these 3 snippets. I found that there is a fine line between getting the character right and sounding simply bad. Hopefully, I got it close to right. Feel free to let me know if you had another idea in mind. :wink:

ML

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_sickwoman_15.mp3
Peas and Lovage
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LangeM wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 5:26 pm Greetings,
So, I attempted to sound like I was very weak and sick while singing these 3 snippets. I found that there is a fine line between getting the character right and sounding simply bad. Hopefully, I got it close to right. Feel free to let me know if you had another idea in mind. :wink:

ML

Hey, Margaret!

Sorry for the late reply. I had a very busy weekend. But you did an AWESOME job. I LOVE it. I can't wait for the listeners to enjoy the book. It would be a treat. :9:

PL OK. :clap:
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

SaraHale wrote: July 26th, 2021, 11:57 am
LangeM wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 5:26 pm Greetings,

ML

Hey, Margaret!

Sorry for the late reply. I had a very busy weekend. But you did an AWESOME job. I LOVE it. I can't wait for the listeners to enjoy the book. It would be a treat. :9:

PL OK. :clap:
Sweet! Thank you!
Peas and Lovage