(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

I'm happy to take the role of the Footman, if nobody else has claimed it. He's only in the one chapter, right?
There's one thing I can say: I won't have to try to put on an Aussie accent. In fact, I can't get rid of it. :lol:
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

see that you still have many open parts. I played Mr. Gorby in several of the early chapters. Do you have any parts open in the later sections that I could claim that won't cause any potential confusion for the listener? I've done this once or twice for other plays and will be glad to help if you would like. I will change my voice to differentiate the parts.

Thanks!

Greg
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Here's Mother Guttersnipe, chapter 15, corrected. The two missing lines are inserted at about 1:00.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_motherguttersnipe_15.mp3
(same URL)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Aligator wrote: October 5th, 2021, 4:30 pm I'm happy to take the role of the Footman, if nobody else has claimed it. He's only in the one chapter, right?
There's one thing I can say: I won't have to try to put on an Aussie accent. In fact, I can't get rid of it. :lol:
Hey there :)

I've put you in as footman, but I've also sent you a PM with a question.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

GregGiordano wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:37 pm see that you still have many open parts. I played Mr. Gorby in several of the early chapters. Do you have any parts open in the later sections that I could claim that won't cause any potential confusion for the listener? I've done this once or twice for other plays and will be glad to help if you would like. I will change my voice to differentiate the parts.

Thanks!

Greg
Hi, Greg - why don't you choose whichever role catches your eye, other than Mr. Kilsip? :) Thanks!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

LCaulkins wrote: October 6th, 2021, 9:00 am
GregGiordano wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:37 pm see that you still have many open parts. I played Mr. Gorby in several of the early chapters. Do you have any parts open in the later sections that I could claim that won't cause any potential confusion for the listener? I've done this once or twice for other plays and will be glad to help if you would like. I will change my voice to differentiate the parts.

Thanks!

Greg
Hi, Greg - why don't you choose whichever role catches your eye, other than Mr. Kilsip? :) Thanks!
Okay, will do.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Tricia, got you marked for Spot PL attention :)
~Lynette * -
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Peterson? It will be a second part but no overlap with the one I've already recorded.

Thanks!

Greg
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yep! Peterson is yours :)
~Lynette * -
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
TheSheepGal

Post by TheSheepGal »

Hi Lynette,

May I be an old man (Valpy)? :lol:
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

Hi Lynette,

Here's the footman. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_footman_28.mp3 0:24

I'm almost beginning to think the small roles are the better ones - not too much to say. :wink:
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TheSheepGal wrote: October 6th, 2021, 4:12 pm Hi Lynette,

May I be an old man (Valpy)? :lol:
Go forth and be Valpy :D
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Salvationist wrote: October 6th, 2021, 3:13 pm Here's the doctor:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_doctor_27.mp3 50 seconds
Aligator wrote: October 6th, 2021, 9:48 pm Hi Lynette,

Here's the footman. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_footman_28.mp3 0:24

I'm almost beginning to think the small roles are the better ones - not too much to say. :wink:
I do personally agree with you. :)

Thanks for these parts! They're loaded for our DPL :)
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Sections 13, 22, 25, 26, and 27 are PL OK. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs: