Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

May I also read the doctor?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

TriciaG wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:05 pm I'll take on Mother Guttersnipe. :)

It might help to find readers if you move the parts that aren't assigned to the top of the section list (drag and drop). That way they're easy for browsing readers to see.
Thanks, Tricia! I see you've uploaded some sections. I had a lot of things to do. I'll be able to get back to this project after Sep 15th. Thank you for being patient.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Salvationist wrote: September 4th, 2021, 3:08 pm May I also read the doctor?
Sure, the role is yours. I'll PL your other section as soon as I can.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I can do Sal Rawlins for you
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: September 18th, 2021, 9:36 am I can do Sal Rawlins for you
Thank you so much, Lynette! The role is yours now.

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I'm having time management trouble. My electricity and internet aren't stable these days. :cry:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh, that's annoying - I hope things even out soon for you!

I'll work on Sal off and on the next 3-4 weeks.

Hey, you'll probably get people to fill your open roles more quickly if you move those sections up to the top of the MW, where they can see them. Right now, when a person opens the project board, it looks like there aren't any roles left. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:03 pm oh, that's annoying - I hope things even out soon for you!

I'll work on Sal off and on the next 3-4 weeks.

Hey, you'll probably get people to fill your open roles more quickly if you move those sections up to the top of the MW, where they can see them. Right now, when a person opens the project board, it looks like there aren't any roles left. :)
Thank you!

Great! Hopefully, I can be quick with the PLing.

Yeah, Tricia mentioned that in a previous post but didn't have the time to actually do it. I'll work on it. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

TriciaG wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:05 pm It might help to find readers if you move the parts that aren't assigned to the top of the section list (drag and drop). That way they're easy for browsing readers to see.
Hey,

What do you mean exactly? I've dragged Felix Rolleston (m) - Ch7 from section 34 to section 29. So, the role stays within the chapter. Or do you mean to drag and drop it as section 1?

Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SaraHale wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:31 pm
TriciaG wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:05 pm It might help to find readers if you move the parts that aren't assigned to the top of the section list (drag and drop). That way they're easy for browsing readers to see.
Hey,

What do you mean exactly? I've dragged Felix Rolleston (m) - Ch7 from section 34 to section 29. So, the role stays within the chapter. Or do you mean to drag and drop it as section 1?

Thanks!
All of the open roles up at the very top. :) That way, readers coming to see if they want to do a role see all the open roles right off the bat.

Once a role is assigned, you can move it to its chapter spot, or you can move it under the open roles, but above the chapters, so the DPL sees all the To Be PL'd (and See PL Note) files easily. Then when it is finally PL OK, you move it to its chapter spot. An example of what I'm clumsily trying to explain: DR - The Wind in the Willows

DR and Play MWs are fun, always moving around! :lol:
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:42 pm All of the open roles up at the very top. :) That way, readers coming to see if they want to do a role see all the open roles right off the bat.

Once a role is assigned, you can move it to its chapter spot, or you can move it under the open roles, but above the chapters, so the DPL sees all the To Be PL'd (and See PL Note) files easily. Then when it is finally PL OK, you move it to its chapter spot. An example of what I'm clumsily trying to explain: DR - The Wind in the Willows

DR and Play MWs are fun, always moving around! :lol:
Lynette, thanks for the explanation. :thumbs: I get it now. Okay, I'll work on it tomorrow or within the week.

I have a feeling that I will be good at BCing after this project. :lol: It's funny how this book is my first temporary BCing.

Until we meet again, have a joyful time. :9:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

haha!!! Your first BC that you stepped into? baptism by fire. :wink: BC'ing a "normal" project will be a cinch for you after this. I like managing DR's, though. They're fun. You're doing great.

By the way, here's Sal Rawlins, chapter 18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_salrawlins_18_128kb.mp3 (6:35)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Out of curiosity - has this project lost its BC? Sara, have you taken it on as BC, or have you just been stepping in? If a BC is needed, I can adopt this project, temporarily or permanently. Not meaning to step on any toes, though, if that's an unnecessary offer.
~Lynette * -
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, Angelique hasn't logged in since May. Her sig says she has lost her internet for she doesn't know how long, but this does seem excessive. Sara - let me know if you're OK with another BC or if you want to continue on your own. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine