(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much, EJ and Joanna - I actually entered your Demetrius line in yesterday, but forgot to tell you. :oops:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

LCaulkins wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 6:32 am
jakemalizia wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:12 am Would you accept my playing multiple roles? I'll ensure they're not in the same chapter, and I use different voices.

- Herald Newsperson
- Traveller
- Talleyrand
- Sancho Panza
- Writer

If you don't like to have multiple roles, feel free to pick for me.
Thanks, Jake - take 'em away :)
Here we have all of them, I hope:

Herald Newsperson: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_heraldnewsperson_11.mp3
Sancho Panza: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_sanchopanza_29.mp3
Talleyrand: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_talleyrand_23.mp3
Traveller: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_traveller_21.mp3
Writer: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_writer_30.mp3
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And these are loaded for our DPL :)
~Lynette * -
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I guess I could attempt an accent and claim Valpy so we're full hehe.

I played a role in Robin Hood and did the entire role with an accent before :lol:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:10 pm I guess I could attempt an accent and claim Valpy so we're full hehe.

I played a role in Robin Hood and did the entire role with an accent before :lol:
Let's give it a little time - this character's an old guy - best for more of a retiree or middle age voice. :) his lines talking of old days would sound really funny from a younger voice.

We do have leeway to play with, as the new narrator just came on board and will require time to work her way through all those orphaned chapters.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

As a means of triple-checking everything before we may start losing the presence of volunteers (in the case that I didn't actually find every missing line during my sweeps the past couple of weeks), I've started splicing together the character files.

I'll work my way up from the bottom, so that any narrator files that may be submitted during this approach will allow me to cut in the early chapters in one sitting.

Looking closer at Chapter 33, pasted below is what Annie had communicated about her intention for it. I had fully intended to puzzle this together with artful fadings back and forth.

However, getting into the nitty-gritty of editing, I think this would be confusing to the listener, particularly if they took any kind of break between the previous chapter and this one. There is no cue at all from the author at the opening that this confession is a letter from Mark being read by Duncan, so a listener may start wondering what is going on when they hear the unexpected voice speaking in confession.

If this scene came within the same chapter where we hear of Duncan handling the letter, Annie's idea would have been fantastic and added to the audiobook. But in this isolated context, it won't come off as intended.

Thus, my decision to keep the confession solely in Mark's voice.

AngeliqueAnja wrote: April 13th, 2021, 9:46 pm
SaraHale wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:02 am Hey Annie,

I'm curious about your plans for chapter 33, The Confession.

The cast is Mark Frettlby and Duncan Calton. But it's a letter written by Mark and read by Duncan. So, no dialogue. :hmm: What will you do?

Thanks!
I'm not sure yet who I want to read it, so I assigned it to both readers...
I'm hoping to be technically adept enough to have Duncan reading it then fade to Mark and back to Duncan... You know, like they do on TV! That might be a little ambitious, but I would like to try!

Annie
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

PL OK :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sancho Panza - Ch29, Mrs. Sampson (f) - Ch29, Mr. Kilsip - Ch27, Lizer (f) - Ch27

There is some construction work going on. I'll continue the rest in my evening when things are quiet.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Woohoo!!! Thanks for those, Sara :)
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

PL OK AWESOME job, everyone!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Talleyrand - Ch23, Peterson (neutral) - Ch23, Felix Rolleston (m) - Ch23, Traveller - Ch21, Mother Guttersnipe - Ch21, Demetrius - Ch21, Sebastian Brown - Ch19, Felix Rolleston (m) - Ch19, Mr. Kilsip - Ch18, Oliver White - Ch17, Felix Rolleston (m) - Ch17, Mr. Kilsip - Ch16, Lizer (f) - Ch15, Mr. Kilsip - Ch15, Mr. Kilsip (m) - Ch14, Herald Newsperson - Ch11
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Boom!! Thanks, Sara! Lots of character master files editing lined up for me now!
~Lynette * -
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

Hi Lynnette,

Here's the cynic. 0:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_cynic_30.mp3

Colonist will be coming soon.

Cheers, Aligator.
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Barber of Midas, yes