(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dbbenison

Post by dbbenison »

SaraHale wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:10 pm
dbbenison wrote: June 11th, 2021, 3:50 pm Clemant Rankin is ready for PL!
Ch. 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_clemantrankin_02.mp3
1:29

Ch. 17:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_clemant_17.mp3
1:19

I'd like to be credited as Derek Benison please
Thank you, Derek, for the fast turnaround. Those are PL OK :clap:

What do you mean by "I'd like to be credited as Derek Benison please"?
I thought I saw something in the original post about letting the BC know what name you want to be listed under. I probably misread/misunderstood it. Don't worry about it. Thanks!

Yeah I just checked it, it's for new readers. Doesn't apply to me. My bad
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

dbbenison wrote: June 12th, 2021, 10:02 am I thought I saw something in the original post about letting the BC know what name you want to be listed under. I probably misread/misunderstood it. Don't worry about it. Thanks!

Yeah I just checked it, it's for new readers. Doesn't apply to me. My bad
No problem! :D

Thank you for participating in this project.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

I'd love to try my voice on Mother Guttersnipe.

I have the Sick Woman role recorded and will get it to you as soon as I edit it.
Both voices will be quite different so there won't be a problem with them sounding the same.

Best, Margaret
Peas and Lovage
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LangeM wrote: June 13th, 2021, 1:19 pm I'd love to try my voice on Mother Guttersnipe.

I have the Sick Woman role recorded and will get it to you as soon as I edit it.
Both voices will be quite different so there won't be a problem with them sounding the same.

Best, Margaret
Hey, Margaret!

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure about this. It would be Annie's call. But would you like to try only recording her lines in Chapter 15 to decide?

Thanks!
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

SaraHale wrote: June 15th, 2021, 8:59 am
LangeM wrote: June 13th, 2021, 1:19 pm I'd love to try my voice on Mother Guttersnipe.

Best, Margaret
Hey, Margaret!

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure about this. It would be Annie's call. But would you like to try only recording her lines in Chapter 15 to decide?

Thanks!
Hi Sara, after more consideration, I think it best to pass on good ol' Mother Guttersnipe. I'm intrigued with doing her character, but I would probably be biting off more than I can chew. Also the singing for the Sick Woman role was more in the lower register than I thought it would be and so there might be some similarities to the sound of the two characters. Thanks for your thoughts on it. I'll dive in to another character in another play perhaps soon. Meantime, I'll get the Sick woman part to you this coming week. Take care. Margaret
Peas and Lovage
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LangeM wrote: June 20th, 2021, 7:44 am Hi Sara, after more consideration, I think it best to pass on good ol' Mother Guttersnipe. I'm intrigued with doing her character, but I would probably be biting off more than I can chew. Also the singing for the Sick Woman role was more in the lower register than I thought it would be and so there might be some similarities to the sound of the two characters. Thanks for your thoughts on it. I'll dive in to another character in another play perhaps soon. Meantime, I'll get the Sick woman part to you this coming week. Take care. Margaret
Thank you, Margaret, for the update. I wish you all the best with the other character. I look forward to your role.

Until then, have a nice day!
Zanna

Post by Zanna »

Would love to read Mrs. Sampson (55).
Thank you
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Zanna wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm Would love to read Mrs. Sampson (55).
Thank you
Hey, Zanna

Welcome to The Mystery of a Hansom Cab.

I want to double-check with you. Are you claiming Section 55, Chapter 10 only? Or are you claiming Mrs. Sampson's role?

In Dramatic Reading, you claim the role, not the section(s). If you are okay with playing all of Mrs. Sampson's lines, I'd be happy to assign it to you.

Thanks! :D
Zanna

Post by Zanna »

Oh my! You can tell that I am a newbie! I would love to read Mrs Sampson. Thank you so much! Susan Essary :clap:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Zanna wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:45 am Oh my! You can tell that I am a newbie! I would love to read Mrs Sampson. Thank you so much! Susan Essary :clap:
My pleasure! And thank you for your participation. The role is now yours. I look forward to listening to it. :D

Have a nice day!
sonofcoltas

Post by sonofcoltas »

SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

sonofcoltas wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:18 am Uploaded Mark Frettlby chapter 33
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mysteryofahansomcab_markfrettlby_33.mp3
22:30
Hey, Andrew!

Sorry for the late PL.

It's PL OK :clap:

Thanks!
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

Hello. I would like to request the role of "Scotch Nurse" if it hasn't already been requested. Thank you :D
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

DOLZ wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:23 am Hello. I would like to request the role of "Scotch Nurse" if it hasn't already been requested. Thank you :D
Hey, again! Of course, you can have it. All yours. Thank you for participating again. We're happy to have you.
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

SaraHale wrote: July 9th, 2021, 6:50 pm
DOLZ wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:23 am Hello. I would like to request the role of "Scotch Nurse" if it hasn't already been requested. Thank you :D
Hey, again! Of course, you can have it. All yours. Thank you for participating again. We're happy to have you.
Wonderful :clap: . I'm still getting my sealegs with smaller parts but I am really enjoying working on this project.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink: