(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: September 29th, 2021, 6:17 am Out of curiosity - has this project lost its BC? Sara, have you taken it on as BC, or have you just been stepping in? If a BC is needed, I can adopt this project, temporarily or permanently. Not meaning to step on any toes, though, if that's an unnecessary offer.
Hey, Lynette. Just stepping in. Thank you so much for your lovely offer. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

TriciaG wrote: September 29th, 2021, 6:19 am Yes, Angelique hasn't logged in since May. Her sig says she has lost her internet for she doesn't know how long, but this does seem excessive. Sara - let me know if you're OK with another BC or if you want to continue on your own. :)
Hey, Tricia.

I'd be happy to have another BC with me. I have a lot on my plate right now. And I'd be relieved knowing there are two people (You and Lynette) having my back.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great. I've put Lynette in as alt-BC, so she has access to the MW. I've also moved all the open sections to the top (aside from the assembled chapters - I left them below.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Sara! Yes, we have your back :) It's a lot to do BC *and* DPL, particularly if you hadn't intended that in the first place!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

That's nice, having the empty roles up top! I'm going to add a little structure to the MW and list the roles on each chapter, so we can see when a chapter has all its roles for assembly.

I do see that Angelique was narrating, but hadn't been able to finish many chapters yet. My vote would be to let the other roles fill up, and when those have been submitted, if Angelique hasn't returned or responded, we can open the remaining Narrator sections, keeping the ones she had done. ?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, that was my thought, too. There's no sense ditching what she's done, and we can wait for other roles to fill in before seeking other narrator(s).
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

SaraHale wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 10:15 pm Hey, Tricia.

I'd be happy to have another BC with me. I have a lot on my plate right now. And I'd be relieved knowing there are two people (You and Lynette) having my back.
Sara, you've been doing a really great job! I love the way you link your PL Notes for people in their note box.

You can see I've been reworking the MW into my style of organization. It helps me by cutting down on time spent scrolling around and investigating the stages that things are at. Angelique had superb "bones" there, easy to adjust into!

The way I'm putting things makes it easy for me to see at a glance what is lacking, and what is ready to edit.

I've also marked a zone that organizaes everything that needs DPL work (including assigned roles that will come up for PL when a file is submitted). It'll make things easier for you, too, to have those all in one spot. :) After you designate a section PL OK in that zone, I'll move it down to its chapter and mark the character in the chapter's note box. Can you please keep putting links to your PL Notes in those boxes? Super helpful!

As soon as I'm finished editing my currently-finishing dramatic read, I'll edit the chapters here that are ready, and then move them into your zone under the Completed Chapters marker. I am assuming you had not wanted to do the editing? If so, I'll back off from that. If you hadn't, I do enjoy doing that, so I don't mind having them on my plate.

You'll see that dramatic read MWs are very fluid. We move sections around a lot. I also change the information in the Note box a lot, depending on the stage its section is at.

Information that was for the reader, and is no longer needed after a file is PL OK and moved down to its chapter in the Editor Zone, I usually erase so that the editing process can then use the boxes. Once in a blue moon, while splicing a chapter together, we'll find something that may need fixing or adding to by a reader, and I'll put supplemental files in the note boxes of characters if that happens. I'll keep the link to the scripts in the narrator's note box - keeps the chapter's official section from getting too busy, and makes a clear visual organization down the list as chapters fill up.

I did copy/paste Angelique's links to the chapter scripts into the Note boxes for the remaining roles. I have seen several different DR readers say that they will pass up a project if they have to go digging around to find relative scripts. So I like to make it as easy as possible for potential readers.
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 8:06 am Hi, Sara! Yes, we have your back :) It's a lot to do BC *and* DPL, particularly if you hadn't intended that in the first place!
Hi, Lynette! You are a saver. I'm so looking forward to working with you.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am Sara, you've been doing a really great job! I love the way you link your PL Notes for people in their note box.
Thanks! I'll make sure to keep doing it.

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 10:01 amThe way I'm putting things makes it easy for me to see at a glance what is lacking, and what is ready to edit.
Cool!

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am As soon as I'm finished editing my currently-finishing dramatic read, I'll edit the chapters here that are ready, and then move them into your zone under the Completed Chapters marker. I am assuming you had not wanted to do the editing? If so, I'll back off from that. If you hadn't, I do enjoy doing that, so I don't mind having them on my plate.
You're welcome to editing. I never thought about editing yet. And if I do, I want to test something smaller than this project. I'm looking forward to PLing the final version.

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am I did copy/paste Angelique's links to the chapter scripts into the Note boxes for the remaining roles. I have seen several different DR readers say that they will pass up a project if they have to go digging around to find relative scripts. So I like to make it as easy as possible for potential readers.
You're very thoughtful. I love it. Thank you for everything. I'll start PLing this project on Monday. I think I can manage now.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. >whew!<

I've sorted through the entire MW, initiated a Dramatis Personae tracking document, and have loaded all the recently submitted files for PL attention. I read through the entire discussion to familiarize myself with the hiccups - because every DR has them! :)

I think I have a really good grasp of the project's situation and where we are in it.

Scripts *always* have spots where we mixed something up while color coding, so please do put a note up if you encounter a spot where it seems a line should have been for someone else. I've made new script documents for the chapters that had Dora (since I can't edit the original documents), and those are linked in the note boxes of the appropriate chapters. Oh, let me do adjusted scripts for the chapters Tricia noted about narrator lines needing to be separated - makes it easier in the editing process to have those fixes in place. :)
~Lynette * -
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

I wouldn't mind taking the part of Lizer, as long as you don't mind an American accent (or at best vaguely British). I don't want to inflict my poor butchering of an Australian accent on anyone :lol: .
:thumbs: Mira
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Miruvor88 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:13 am I wouldn't mind taking the part of Lizer, as long as you don't mind an American accent (or at best vaguely British). I don't want to inflict my poor butchering of an Australian accent on anyone :lol: .
Thanks, Mira! She's yours. Many of us can't begin to do an Aussie accent, so you're in strong company. 8-)
~Lynette * -
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

LCaulkins wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 1:39 pm OK. >whew!<

I've sorted through the entire MW, initiated a Dramatis Personae tracking document, and have loaded all the recently submitted files for PL attention. I read through the entire discussion to familiarize myself with the hiccups - because every DR has them! :)

I think I have a really good grasp of the project's situation and where we are in it.
You did an AWESOME job! :clap: :clap: :clap:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, Tricia!

I've listened to Chapter 15. I LOVED how you acted the role. And I want to double-check the following with you.

Those lines are missing. I clicked Ctrl+F "Mother Guttersnipe:" Click the down arrow until you reach 11 of 36 and 12 of 36

Number 11 "or I'll knock yer bloomin' 'ead orf,"

Number 12 "So she are,"
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oops - must have edited 'em out. I'll get to 'em tomorrow. :)