(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:58 pm
wib66 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:43 pm Not a problem just wasn't sure if they had been missed much thanks
Not missed, time just hadn't been kind (and the last project I was working on took much longer to put together than it should have because audacity kept crashing!)

Annie
Sorry to hear that no rush at all many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

wib66 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:06 pm
wib66 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 3:43 pm Not a problem just wasn't sure if they had been missed much thanks
Not missed, time just hadn't been kind (and the last project I was working on took much longer to put together than it should have because audacity kept crashing!)

Annie
Madge is now completely PL OK for all acts! :thumbs:
Thank you so much for a wonderful job and so sorry on taking so long to get these PL'd

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: April 20th, 2021, 5:58 pm
wib66 wrote: April 15th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Annie
Madge is now completely PL OK for all acts! :thumbs:
Thank you so much for a wonderful job and so sorry on taking so long to get these PL'd

Annie
Not a problem thank you so much
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

I have them all done now, just need to do an edit. hopefully up by tomorrow night
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

cavaet wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:16 pm I have them all done now, just need to do an edit. hopefully up by tomorrow night
I look forward to PLing Brian's sections.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

May I read for Chapter 15, 87 "Newspaper Woman" and Chapter 19, 130 "Court Crier"? Thank you.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

DOLZ wrote: April 27th, 2021, 6:57 am May I read for Chapter 15, 87 "Newspaper Woman" and Chapter 19, 130 "Court Crier"? Thank you.
Hi DOLZ,

Welcome to the Cab. Those parts have been assigned to you!

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

For Cavaet - Chapter 11

Brilliant narration. But I have a few PL Notes

Page 3 & 4 - 00:04 - Missed
- "It would kill her; it would kill her," and
- "Better that the last of the Fitzgeralds should perish like a common thief than that she should know the bitter truth. If I engage a lawyer to defend me," and
- "the first question he will ask me will be where was I on that night, and if I tell him all will be discovered, and then—no—no—I cannot do it; it would kill her, my darling,"

Page 14 - @06:17 - Missed "know" in "No! I did not know,"
DOLZ

Post by DOLZ »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: May 1st, 2021, 5:19 am
DOLZ wrote: April 27th, 2021, 6:57 am May I read for Chapter 15, 87 "Newspaper Woman" and Chapter 19, 130 "Court Crier"? Thank you.
Hi DOLZ,

Welcome to the Cab. Those parts have been assigned to you!

Annie
Thank you (Yayyyhhh!!!). I will have them ready to go next week.
I bravely venture down those roads less traveled but not without applying sunblock first :wink:
skyewardeye

Post by skyewardeye »

I'd like to claim the Preface, if I can.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

skyewardeye wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:44 am I'd like to claim the Preface, if I can.
Hi, Skye! Welcome to the Cab. Unfortunately, this section is already taken by the Narrator, Annie.

The Magic Window for the Dramatic Reading may be confusing at first.

We would like you to participate. Here are the Open Female roles that you can record.
  • Julia Featherweight
  • Mrs. Sampson
  • Sick Woman
  • Mother Guttersnipe
  • Lizer
  • Old Woman
  • Sal Rawlins
  • Scotch Nurse
If you are using Windows, you can press Ctrl+F and type the name of the character to see the chapters and how many lines do they have.

For example, you want to record Julia Featherweight's lines. The first chapter is Chapter 8. You will go to section 35, then click on Chapter 08 Text. From there, you can use Ctrl+F again to skim through her lines. And decide if you like it or not.

I hope to Proof-Listen your sections. And If you have any questions let us know.
skyewardeye

Post by skyewardeye »

SaraHale wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 2:25 am
skyewardeye wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 1:44 am I'd like to claim the Preface, if I can.
Hi, Skye! Welcome to the Cab. Unfortunately, this section is already taken by the Narrator, Annie.

The Magic Window for the Dramatic Reading may be confusing at first.

We would like you to participate. Here are the Open Female roles that you can record.
  • Julia Featherweight
  • Mrs. Sampson
  • Sick Woman
  • Mother Guttersnipe
  • Lizer
  • Old Woman
  • Sal Rawlins
  • Scotch Nurse
If you are using Windows, you can press Ctrl+F and type the name of the character to see the chapters and how many lines do they have.

For example, you want to record Julia Featherweight's lines. The first chapter is Chapter 8. You will go to section 35, then click on Chapter 08 Text. From there, you can use Ctrl+F again to skim through her lines. And decide if you like it or not.

I hope to Proof-Listen your sections. And If you have any questions let us know.
I don't think I'd suit those roles, as I have the voice of a transgender man! :) I know my name can be confusing. 😅 As such, I kind of sound like a teenage boy or young man. Are there any roles that that kind of voice might suit?
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

skyewardeye wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 3:11 am I don't think I'd suit those roles, as I have the voice of a transgender man! :) I know my name can be confusing. 😅 As such, I kind of sound like a teenage boy or young man. Are there any roles that that kind of voice might suit?
I'm so sorry about that. I'll step down and let Annie suggest a role for you.