LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I agree and I deleted that from the MW.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Philoxenus act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_philoxenus_5.mp3

As this character is only in the last 3 acts shall I do the odd fragments of the Servant in act 1, just to get them done?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

"what should you do ? do you even have to ask ?" :lol: this made me roll on the floor. The astonished outrage in your voice was priceless !

All lines in and perfect. Great job. Only for the final speech Todd agreed that it would be easier only to have it done by the two sisters, so nobody else has to read those lines. Sorry if it wasn't clear in the MW :( so these lines could be cut.
As this character is only in the last 3 acts shall I do the odd fragments of the Servant in act 1, just to get them done?
Not sure if Todd wants doubling with such a major role, so I better wait for him to return.

Thank you :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Silenus and a Parasite await in the MW for their PL. Be quick before the wayward ass he rides carries Silenus away, or before the Parasite does any more mischief....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 7:34 am
"what should you do ? do you even have to ask ?" :lol: this made me roll on the floor. The astonished outrage in your voice was priceless !

All lines in and perfect. Great job. Only for the final speech Todd agreed that it would be easier only to have it done by the two sisters, so nobody else has to read those lines. Sorry if it wasn't clear in the MW :( so these lines could be cut.
Not sure if Todd wants doubling with such a major role, so I better wait for him to return.

Thank you :)

Sonia
Whoops. I missed this. Yes, Alan, you can be the Act 1 servant.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:32 amSilenus and a Parasite await in the MW for their PL. Be quick before the wayward ass he rides carries Silenus away, or before the Parasite does any more mischief....
:lol: Silenus is such a spoiler of the plot here. But excellently acted out, Todd, I can really see you riding on stage on an ass :mrgreen: (or maybe a hobby-horse :| ) Both Silenus and Parasite (did you have your nose pinched for that voice ?) are perfectly PL ok. Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sorry about the spoilers, but they are the author's words - or not, as the footnote indicates.

I hadn't thought about using a hobby-horse. But I suppose a poor struggling actor troupe might not be able to afford a real beast of burden for every performance....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 16th, 2021, 5:14 amI hadn't thought about using a hobby-horse. But I suppose a poor struggling actor troupe might not be able to afford a real beast of burden for every performance....
yes please consider our budget...there's lots of hay to be bought for the keep of that animal (and who will clean the stable ? I guess the one who is riding on it :mrgreen: )

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I claim Sections 7, 8, and 9. Jim
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I think you have to clean up after the animal too.

Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_chrysalus_2.mp3

13:59

Jim
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:
Jim
Hi Jim
With dramatic works it can be confusing to use section numbers as BCs move things around in MW as the project develops and section numbers constantly change. Better to refer to a section by the name of the character and the act number.
So I this case Chrysalus act 2
Alan
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:

Jim
I put your claim in with the original section numbers before I moved all the sections around to have the open sections on top.

What Alan said is best.

Thanks, Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Gotcha!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Servant to Pistoclerus act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_servant_1.mp3

I have just recorded what scraps of dialogue there are and will leave it to Todd to turn it into something usable :help:
Alan