COMPLETE [Play] Theft by Jack London-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I would like to jump in and take on Hubbard who seems not so nice.

BTW, there seems to be something amiss at the end of Act I
===
Hubbard

Oh, nothing, nothing—a murmur of voices—and the woman's—I could swear I have heard her voice before.

(Knox shows his relief.) Well, so long.

(Starts to move toward exit to right.) You won't reconsider your decision?

Knox

(Shaking his head.)

Hubbard

(Pausing, open door in hand, and laughing cynically.) And yet it was but a moment ago that it seemed I heard you say there was no one whom you would not permit the world to know you saw.

(Starting.) What do you mean?

Hubbard

Good-bye
====

I think "(Starting.) What do you mean?" is a line for Knox
~ Larry
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Margaret Act 1

Missing line at the beginning

No Tommy first

PL Notes for Margaret Act 2

At the end of act 2 there is a missing line

There must be immortality. There must be a future life where you and I shall meet again. Good-bye.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

silverquill wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:09 pm Well, I would like to jump in and take on Hubbard who seems not so nice.

BTW, there seems to be something amiss at the end of Act I
===
Hubbard

Oh, nothing, nothing—a murmur of voices—and the woman's—I could swear I have heard her voice before.

(Knox shows his relief.) Well, so long.

(Starts to move toward exit to right.) You won't reconsider your decision?

Knox

(Shaking his head.)

Hubbard

(Pausing, open door in hand, and laughing cynically.) And yet it was but a moment ago that it seemed I heard you say there was no one whom you would not permit the world to know you saw.

(Starting.) What do you mean?

Hubbard

Good-bye
====

I think "(Starting.) What do you mean?" is a line for Knox
Thank you for spotting that Larry there are a couple of occasions in this where the lines are not assigned correctly.
I will sign you up to Hubbard.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

May I read Knox?

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 3:30 pm May I read Knox?

Thanks, Todd
That would be great thank you
Michele
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

wib66 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:18 pm PL Notes for Margaret Act 1

No Tommy first

There must be immortality. There must be a future life where you and I shall meet again. Good-bye.
Here's the corrected file for Margaret Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_2.mp3
(11:46)

Regarding that line from Act 1, I think that is a transcription mistake. The text goes like this:

Tommy

(Laughing.)

But mama.

Margaret

(Herself laughing, but shaking her head.) No. Tommy First—

Margaret

No; you must run along to Linda, now, mother's boy. And we'll talk about that some other time.

It doesn't make sense for Margaret to say "Tommy first" and then "No" again. From the missing punctuation and the capitalisation of the word first, I think that it was supposed to be that Tommy says "First", and Margaret only says that "No" in the beginning. I recorded that first "No" in my first version of the recording, so I didn't upload a new version.

Here are the recordings for Acts 3 and 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_3.mp3
(17:00)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_4.mp3
(22:30)
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
wib66

Post by wib66 »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: April 4th, 2021, 9:11 am
wib66 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:18 pm PL Notes for Margaret Act 1

No Tommy first

Here's the corrected file for Margaret Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_2.mp3
(11:46)

Regarding that line from Act 1, I think that is a transcription mistake. The text goes like this:

Tommy

(Laughing.)

But mama.

Margaret

(Herself laughing, but shaking her head.) No. Tommy First—

Margaret

No; you must run along to Linda, now, mother's boy. And we'll talk about that some other time.

It doesn't make sense for Margaret to say "Tommy first" and then "No" again. From the missing punctuation and the capitalisation of the word first, I think that it was supposed to be that Tommy says "First", and Margaret only says that "No" in the beginning. I recorded that first "No" in my first version of the recording, so I didn't upload a new version.

Here are the recordings for Acts 3 and 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_3.mp3
(17:00)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/theft_margaret_4.mp3
(22:30)
Thanks for those I see what you mean about the line very confusing thanks for sorting that out.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Margaret Act 2 is PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Linda all acts are PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Margaret Acts 3 and 4 are PL OK
Michele
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Gifford Act 2 is PL OK thanks
Michele