COMPLETE [DR] Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:55 pm MaryAnn,

Would you please delete/unsticky the Editors Wanted post?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88783
I've marked it as FOUND and allowed it to float down the forums, so it will be out of sight before long.

MaryAnn
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thanks!!
erieston

Post by erieston »

Here is Chapter 8 edited for you! If it's okay, could I request to be taken off chapter 9? I found that my editor isn't wanting to play nice right now heh and figure it might be better to give Chapter 9 to someone else who could do a quicker job :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_08_canfieldfisher_128kb.mp3 [runtime - 21:09]
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Sure! No problem. Thank you very much!
drue

Post by drue »

May I claim the part of Voice 4? I can have it recorded by this weekend, if that's not too long a wait!
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 5:28 am
Miruvor88 wrote: September 9th, 2021, 1:40 pm Thanks! It's Betsy's reader though. Nancy Halper. Looks like she's still pretty active, so that's good! :mrgreen: I've got some ideas if we can't get the line, though. We'll get it done in any case. :D
Whoops! :oops: I have sent a PM to Betsy’s reader. :)
Any update on the missing Betsy line?
:thumbs: Mira
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

drue wrote: September 28th, 2021, 5:30 pm May I claim the part of Voice 4? I can have it recorded by this weekend, if that's not too long a wait!
WOOHOO!! You will wrap up the recordings for us!! Thank you!

Yes, I will sign you up! Let me know if you have any questions.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Miruvor88 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 1:07 pm Any update on the missing Betsy line?
According to my outbox, Nancy hasn't yet read the PM I sent. There are still seven other chapters that need to be edited, so we could wait a little longer to see if she responds.
Right now I'm thinking it would be better to just leave it out rather than have the Narrator read it. The surrounding lines still make sense without it.

But you said you had some ideas about it. What were you thinking? :)
Last edited by Twinkle88 on September 30th, 2021, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PM sent to rschmfem to see if she is still able to DPL.
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Twinkle88 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:35 pm
Miruvor88 wrote: September 29th, 2021, 1:07 pm Any update on the missing Betsy line?
According to my outbox, Nancy hasn't yet read the PM I sent. There are still seven other chapters that need to be edited, so we could wait a little longer to see if she responds.
Right now I'm thinking it would be better to just leave it out rather than have the Narrator read it. The surrounding lines still make sense without it.

But you said you had some ideas about it. What were you thinking? :)
Well one thought was to leave it out, and cut the Narrator line after. I think this is probably the least favorable option because it's the greatest deviation from the original text.

But I could grab just the word Molly with the question inflection from her previous line. It looks like she's getting Molly's attention so the question should sound about right there. Then if we get the line from her we can just plink it in and not have to also reinsert the Narrator line.

Or I could cut Betsy's line and leave in the Narrator line, but trim the space after so it sounds like "she called down" is attached to the following Betsy line instead. It will probably sound just slightly off but likely not enough to be too noticeable
drue

Post by drue »

Hello! Here are the files for Voice 4 as promised:

Voice 4 - Understood Betsy Chapter 6 (00:16):
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_voice4_06.mp3

Voice 4 - Understood Betsy Chapter 10 (00:13):
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_voice4_10.mp3

Let me know if I need to make any adjustments! :)

Warm regards,
Drue
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Miruvor88 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:22 pm But I could grab just the word Molly with the question inflection from her previous line. It looks like she's getting Molly's attention so the question should sound about right there. Then if we get the line from her we can just plink it in and not have to also reinsert the Narrator line.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I didn't think of that. I agree -- I think that's a good idea. Would you please edit it that way? :)

You can go ahead and edit the chapter now. But also, if you want to wait a little longer and see if Nancy Halper comes by, that'd be fine with me, too.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

drue wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 1:19 pm Hello! Here are the files for Voice 4 as promised:

Voice 4 - Understood Betsy Chapter 6 (00:16):
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_voice4_06.mp3

Voice 4 - Understood Betsy Chapter 10 (00:13):
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_voice4_10.mp3

Let me know if I need to make any adjustments! :)

Warm regards,
Drue
Great! Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I haven't heard from our DPL.

MaryAnn, would you make this Listeners Wanted post sticky again? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Twinkle88 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Miruvor88 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:22 pm But I could grab just the word Molly with the question inflection from her previous line. It looks like she's getting Molly's attention so the question should sound about right there. Then if we get the line from her we can just plink it in and not have to also reinsert the Narrator line.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I didn't think of that. I agree -- I think that's a good idea. Would you please edit it that way? :)

You can go ahead and edit the chapter now. But also, if you want to wait a little longer and see if Nancy Halper comes by, that'd be fine with me, too.
Will do! I'll hold on to the chapter until this is cataloged, so if we get the line later I can pop it in and resubmit easy peasy!