COMPLETE [DR] Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

Twinkle88 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 6:11 pm
Miruvor88 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 8:22 pm But I could grab just the word Molly with the question inflection from her previous line. It looks like she's getting Molly's attention so the question should sound about right there. Then if we get the line from her we can just plink it in and not have to also reinsert the Narrator line.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I didn't think of that. I agree -- I think that's a good idea. Would you please edit it that way? :)

You can go ahead and edit the chapter now. But also, if you want to wait a little longer and see if Nancy Halper comes by, that'd be fine with me, too.
Chapter 7, ready for PL with the modification discussed! I'll keep the files so if we get the "Look here, Molly" line, I can edit it in and reupload it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_07_canfieldfisher_128kb.mp3 20:50
:thumbs: Mira
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Great! Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Twinkle88 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 6:21 pm I haven't heard from our DPL.

MaryAnn, would you make this Listeners Wanted post sticky again? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031
Also, could you go ahead mark the subject line as "C" instead of "IP"?
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Voice 5 sounds PL OK! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Twinkle88 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 6:01 pm
Twinkle88 wrote: October 4th, 2021, 6:21 pm I haven't heard from our DPL.

MaryAnn, would you make this Listeners Wanted post sticky again? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031
Also, could you go ahead mark the subject line as "C" instead of "IP"?
I've made it sticky. I think it is still IP because the sections are being edited. C is for projects that only need PLing to be ready to catalog.

MaryAnn
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Bookworm360 wrote: October 6th, 2021, 7:05 am Voice 5 sounds PL OK! :D
Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: October 6th, 2021, 10:05 amI've made it sticky. I think it is still IP because the sections are being edited. C is for projects that only need PLing to be ready to catalog.

MaryAnn
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thank you!
KmpltlyMe

Post by KmpltlyMe »

Hello. I can PL if you still need it. Just let me know. Thanks.

K.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Yes, please!! :) Would you like to be the DPL, or just PL here and there?

Also, here’s a link to proof-listening instructions:

http://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

In particular, you’ll want to scroll down and read the “Special proof-listening - Dramatic Works” section.
NancyHalper

Post by NancyHalper »

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this discussion now. Can I still record the missing line???
Nancy
cpurcell12

Post by cpurcell12 »

Hello!

I'm looking to PL a little here and there if you guys still need it. Thanks.

C.
rraudales

Post by rraudales »

Hi, I can assist with proof listening Chapter 5: What grade is Betsy? I can also listen to Ch 7 and 8 while!
rraudales

Post by rraudales »

Chapter 5: What Grade is Betsy? - Proof Listening

Comments:

- A short pause after the introduction of the narrator (0:18) - This might be helpful in differentiating the introduction from the start of the chapter.

- The recording can be loud if the volume settings are a bit more than halfway, so would recommend lowering the volume when listeners chose the audiobook.

- There is only about 2-3 seconds of silence at the end of the record as appose to the recommended 5 seconds.

Overall great recording! :clap:
rraudales

Post by rraudales »

Chapter 7: Elizabeth Ann Fails in an Examination - proof-listening

Comments:

Everything sounded good - very good flow of the chapter!
Would add a pause after the narrator introduces LibriVox and the Title/Chapter of the book for flow purposes (suggestion).

- Leave a 5-second pause at the end of the audio
Miruvor

Post by Miruvor »

I just saw the PL comments come in for chapters 5 and 7, and I have a couple of questions (probably more for one of the coordinators than for the PLer, but whoever has the answers is fine :lol: ).

On the pause between the intro and the text, I had assumed that since the narrator file was marked PL OK, that I didn't need to listen to the whole of it (same with all the other files too). I only listened to the beginning and end of each line to make sure that I was putting the right lines in the right place, and to check it for pacing. Is this wrong? :oops: Should I be listening to the entire file when editing, even if the individual parts have been marked PL OK? (I can add a bit of room tone, of course, and I'm going to right after I finish this post, but I want to be sure I'm editing the right way in the future. :mrgreen:)

I'm pretty sure the room tone time at the end is an acceptable length :? ? Chapter 7 has closing silence from 20:45.181 to 20:50.142, so I guess it's technically about 4 hundredths of a second short. I'll go ahead and add a bit, since I need to add some to the front anyway. Please do let me know if that's not an acceptable margin of error, so I can do better in the future :oops: . Chapter 5, though, has room tone from 18:26.621 to 18:31.786 which is slightly longer than 5 seconds, but rraudales only heard 2-3 seconds. Is it possible that the player cut a bit off of the end???

On chapter 5's volume, checker says it's at 88.0 dB, which is actually 1 dB quieter than the target, isn't it :? ? I'm not sure how to address this comment??? :help:
:thumbs: Mira