COMPLETE [DR] Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Well hello, sacrover! Welcome to LibriVox, and thank you for volunteering to help! :clap:

Look at the Magic Window in the first post of this thread -- any sections with the status "Ready for PL" (PL = proof-listening) need some proof-listening done. There's actually not a lot to listen to right now, but hopefully more files will start to trickle in soon.

To get started, take a look at Section 0 of the Magic Window. See how the Narrator needs the "DP" (Dramatis Personae) and "Ch 9" proof-listened? So scroll down to the Dramatis Personae section of the Magic Window (which is Section 7) and click on the "DP Lines & Character List" link to see the script the Narrator read from when she recorded her lines for the Dramatis Personae. Now scroll back up to Section 0 and click on the "DP" link to listen to the Narrator's audio file. While listening, follow along in the script to make sure no lines were added or missed.

To proof-listen the Narrator's Chapter 9 file, scroll down to the section in the Magic Window for Chapter 9 (which is Section 16) and open the "Chapter 9 Text" link to view the script. Scroll up to Section 0 again and click on the "Ch 9" link to listen to the file. Follow along in the script to ensure there are no errors, missing lines, etc.

Also, when proof-listening audio files for a reader whom you have never listened to before, you'll need to check their file's technical specifications. To do this, download their files and run them through LibriVox's Checker program -- it's a free, easy-to-use tool that lets you know if there are any technical problems with an audio file.

When you're done proof-listening a file, leave a post with any PL notes in this thread, and I will be along shortly to update the file's status in the Magic Window.

Here is important information about proof-listening: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667

If you have any questions, just ask! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnn, would you delete the Listeners Wanted post when you get a chance? :)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Marked "found" and allowed to float down the board ...
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is the long and challenging role of Frank from Chapter 10 - :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_frank_10.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: June 30th, 2021, 9:57 am Marked "found" and allowed to float down the board ...
Perfect! Thanks!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

GregGiordano wrote: June 30th, 2021, 5:14 pm Here is the long and challenging role of Frank from Chapter 10 - :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_frank_10.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I have sent a PM to sacrover to see if there is still an interest in PL'ing for this project.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I haven’t heard from sacrover, so MaryAnn, would you reinstate and make sticky the Listeners Wanted post?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88031

I guess it got moved to a hidden forum, because when I click on it, it says I don’t have access to it. I’ll create a new Listeners Wanted post if I need to — when I get a chance!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've found it and moved it back to the listeners wanted board.
MaryAnn
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Thank you very much!
PhilipH

Post by PhilipH »

Hello, may I please read Ralph? Thanks! Also I would like my catalog name to be Philip, please.
likagorskaia

Post by likagorskaia »

I'm happy to proof listen some of the completed parts!
likagorskaia

Post by likagorskaia »

For the narrator parts:

the DP is fine!
In chapter 9 -
04:16, "little" is missing from "little Lias was clean..."
likagorskaia

Post by likagorskaia »

Frank's part for chapter 10 is fine
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PhilipH wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:48 pm Hello, may I please read Ralph? Thanks! Also I would like my catalog name to be Philip, please.
Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes, that would be awesome!! Thank you so much!

There are instructions in the first post of this thread, but let me know if you have any questions.