[COMPLETE] Play: The Marrying of Ann Leete by Harley Granville-Barker -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Tchaikovsky -

If you're up for going gender neutral, I can do the lawyer for you. (but certainly won't hurt my feelings if you want to stay male specific)

An observation to consider: If you move these last two roles up to the top of the MW, readers will not be so likely to think the play is actually full when they pop in. Roles fill faster for you when they are up top.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Hello,

I'll take the role of Mr Crowe in Act 4 if it's still available. Thanks!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Hello again

I've never done this for Librivox, so it may be entirely wrong, but it's only 2 minutes of reading, so I'd be happy to do it again (and again, and again) if you'd like it done differently.

Mr Crowe Act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/marryingofannleete_crowe_4.mp3
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 6:27 am Hi, Tchaikovsky -

If you're up for going gender neutral, I can do the lawyer for you. (but certainly won't hurt my feelings if you want to stay male specific)

An observation to consider: If you move these last two roles up to the top of the MW, readers will not be so likely to think the play is actually full when they pop in. Roles fill faster for you when they are up top.
Hi Lynette,
Thanks for your generous offer. I would like to keep things gender specific this time. Thanks also for your suggestion. I don't actually know how to move up to the top of the MW.

Tchaikovsky
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

ChipDoc wrote: October 21st, 2021, 6:35 am Hello,

I'll take the role of Mr Crowe in Act 4 if it's still available. Thanks!
Hello,
Thanks so much I will happily take you up on your offer.
Tcahikovsky
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

ChipDoc wrote: October 21st, 2021, 12:17 pm Hello again

I've never done this for Librivox, so it may be entirely wrong, but it's only 2 minutes of reading, so I'd be happy to do it again (and again, and again) if you'd like it done differently.

Mr Crowe Act 4
Great Thanks. I will do the PL check on it tomorrow.

Tchaikovsky
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Tchaikovsky wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:37 pm

Hi Lynette,
Thanks for your generous offer. I would like to keep things gender specific this time. Thanks also for your suggestion. I don't actually know how to move up to the top of the MW.

Tchaikovsky
I like to keep a lot of gender specificity in my DRs and Plays, too, so I get it. :)

To move a section in your MW, just go into the MW, then click-and-drag the section wherever you want to move it. It'll rename its number for the new position (and that right there is why we never name role files by section number - because we almost always move sections around like crazy during a project's lifetime).
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

Tchaikovsky wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:39 pm
ChipDoc wrote: October 21st, 2021, 12:17 pm Hello again

Mr Crowe Act 4
Great Thanks. I will do the PL check on it tomorrow.

Tchaikovsky
Hello,
Thanks very much for this wonderful characterful reading. You did it splendidly!
There are a few lines that you missed.
Seeing as how you are new to this I will mention to please just record the new line and drop it into the existing file in the correct spot rather than redoing the entire thing.

at about 00:13 you need to include the line "Get out of my road. Lawyer Smallpiece" page 67

at 00:42 include the line "Not me my son, You're to be a farmer-Baronet" page 69

at 01:20 include the line "Shake hands" page 70

at 01:58 include the line "Brandy!" page74

Many Thanks
Tchaikovsky
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:59 pm
Tchaikovsky wrote: October 21st, 2021, 4:37 pm

Hi Lynette,

Tchaikovsky
I like to keep a lot of gender specificity in my DRs and Plays, too, so I get it. :)

To move a section in your MW, just go into the MW, then click-and-drag the section wherever you want to move it. It'll rename its number for the new position (and that right there is why we never name role files by section number - because we almost always move sections around like crazy during a project's lifetime).
Hi Lynette,
Thank you so much for your tip. That makes it so much easier.

TCHKY.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I can't believe I missed four of those lines...

OTOH, I guess it's to be expected. Thanks for the kind words and the heads-up!

-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

ChipDoc wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm I can't believe I missed four of those lines...

OTOH, I guess it's to be expected. Thanks for the kind words and the heads-up!

Thanks. PL is ok now.
ksb013

Post by ksb013 »

I'll take Mr Smallpiece (a lawyer) Act 4
Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

ksb013 wrote: November 7th, 2021, 11:30 am I'll take Mr Smallpiece (a lawyer) Act 4
Thank You so Much and Welcome!

Tchaikovsky
ksb013

Post by ksb013 »

Tchaikovsky

Post by Tchaikovsky »

Thanks so much. I have been away for a couple of days which is why there was a delay responding to you. I will do the PL tomorrow.

Tchaikovsky