COMPLETE[PLAY]The Sorcerer by Gilbert - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

wib66 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:05 am Sorry about that they are now both edited and hopefully should now be ok. Many Thanks
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sorcerer_stagedirections_01_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sorcerer_stagedirections_02_128kb.mp3
Perfect now! Both Acts PL OK :thumbs:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

May I claim Constance?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

benderca wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:41 pm Mrs. Parlet, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sorcerer_mrsparlet_1.mp3
Hi TJ! My apologies on taking so long to PL this...I haven't been around much lately, and somehow missed the notification :oops:

Very nicely done, just one small thing:

~ 2:50 - There is point at the end of the act where "all the dramatis personae" reenter the stage, including Mrs. Partlet. As such, we're missing your line as part of the "Women" at the bottom of Pg. 256, and the Tutti (All) sections which close out the Act on Pg. 258.

Also - and this is a minor, totally optional note - I noticed that your voice credit omits the "t" in the midst of your characters name. I know we're not in the habit of correcting the pronunciation of names, but I wasn't sure whether that was a deliberate choice or an error, so thought I'd point it out just in case.

Thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 9th, 2021, 1:33 am Male Chorus act 2
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sorcerer_malechorus_2.mp3
Thanks Alan - PL OK! :thumbs:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

John Wellington Well, sorcerer, awaits PL in the MW. Tarry not, nor disparage my speeches, or you may be made into a newt....

Thanks, JWW
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

ToddHW wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:48 am John Wellington Well, sorcerer, awaits PL in the MW. Tarry not, nor disparage my speeches, or you may be made into a newt....
Thanks, JWW
A truly magical performance indeed - both acts PL OK! :thumbs:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Then I don't need to make you into a newt.

Enjoyed that role.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

OooThatsNifty wrote: April 7th, 2021, 9:28 pm
benderca wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:41 pm Mrs. Parlet, Act 1:
Hi TJ! My apologies on taking so long to PL this...I haven't been around much lately, and somehow missed the notification :oops:

Very nicely done, just one small thing:

~ 2:50 - There is point at the end of the act where "all the dramatis personae" reenter the stage, including Mrs. Partlet. As such, we're missing your line as part of the "Women" at the bottom of Pg. 256, and the Tutti (All) sections which close out the Act on Pg. 258.

Also - and this is a minor, totally optional note - I noticed that your voice credit omits the "t" in the midst of your characters name. I know we're not in the habit of correcting the pronunciation of names, but I wasn't sure whether that was a deliberate choice or an error, so thought I'd point it out just in case.

Thanks!
No problem. I'm not impatient... :D -- so I pronounced the name as "Parlet" -- "par-lay" on purpose. I hadn't thought of another way to pronounce it. :lol: (like "Chevrolet"). In "The Times," I followed Jenn's lead in calling her character "Miss Cazalet" -- "Ca-za-lay", but only after we were finished did I notice that a couple of people pronounced the "-let" like "let". I can redo it if you like...

I have a question about the "Tutti" section at the end of Act 1: It seems to go back and forth between "Tuti" and "Alexis, Mr. Wells, and Aline" during the first half. Should I leave 3 seconds in between each line, so that you can insert the other part?

Oh, marvellous illusion ! [pause] Oh, terrible surprise ! [pause] What is this strange confusion...

and then the final Tuti section all together?

Tutti.
Eat, drink, and be gay,
Banish all worry and sorrow,
Laugh gaily to-day,
Weep, if you're sorry, to-morrow;
Come, pass the cup round

We will go bail for the liquor •
It's strong, I'll be bound,
For it was brewed by the vicar-!
None so cunning as he
At brewing a jorum of tea.
Ha ! ha!
At brewing a jorum of tea !
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Pronunciation is not an issue so long as you are consistent in use within your own lines. Especially given the tortured way some of the rhymes are written in this.

Gaps for others' lines are always fine - I will close them up when I edit.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's Mrs. Parlet, Act 1, with the requested "Women" and "Tutti" additions at the end (starting at 2:55):