ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: February 26th, 2021, 11:34 amHere's Mrs. Blakemore Act 3.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/womansway_mrsblakemore_3_128kb.mp3
sorry for the delay...but I listened to Mrs Blakemore now and it's perfectly PL ok. Nice how you veer between flirty in the beginning, but more subdued later on.

Thank you

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wib66 wrote: February 27th, 2021, 2:13 pmHere is the edited file for Mrs Belle Morris thanks
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/womansway_mrsbellemorris_03_128kb.mp3
and everything is in now and PL ok, thank you Michele

Sonia
qthemusic123

Post by qthemusic123 »

Hi Could I claim the part of Wilson (the butler) please.
Thanks.
When words fail, music speaks. :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
qthemusic123

Post by qthemusic123 »

Wilson act 1
ready for PL.
I didn't put it through noise cleaning, I can run it through if you think it needs it?
08:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/womansway_wilson_1.mp3
Thanks.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

qthemusic123 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:16 amWilson act 1
ready for PL.
I didn't put it through noise cleaning, I can run it through if you think it needs it?
no I think the background noise is not very audible or disturbing, it's fine like that.

And WOW, Sue, this was a brilliant performance. I enjoy that the butler for once has a bigger role and is not only announcing people :lol: and you do the comedy extremely justice here with your characterisation of Wilson. You really carry the scene on the phone, giving emphasis to every sentence even without hearing the other person on the phone. And the outburst of laughter followed by a half-hearted contrite apology was hilarious and made me chuckle as well. Already looking forward to the rest of Wilson.

Wonderful and PL ok. Thank you !!!

Sonia
qthemusic123

Post by qthemusic123 »

Kitty wrote: March 18th, 2021, 3:50 am
qthemusic123 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:16 amWilson act 1
ready for PL.
no I think the background noise is not very audible or disturbing, it's fine like that.

And WOW, Sue, this was a brilliant performance. I enjoy that the butler for once has a bigger role and is not only announcing people :lol: and you do the comedy extremely justice here with your characterisation of Wilson. You really carry the scene on the phone, giving emphasis to every sentence even without hearing the other person on the phone. And the outburst of laughter followed by a half-hearted contrite apology was hilarious and made me chuckle as well. Already looking forward to the rest of Wilson.

Wonderful and PL ok. Thank you !!!

Sonia
Thank you for those kind comments.
I do try and imagine how I would see the character. Then run through the part a few times ( much to my son's amusement) before volunteering.
Only a few lines on Act 2 and Act 3, so will get to those in a few days.

Sue
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:13 pmHere are all three acts for Bob Livingstone:
excellent job, Greg ! I was already highly curious how you would portray poor hen-pecked Bob. On the one side he comes across as a bit of a spineless whimp, but then he has his jovial moments. I equally enjoyed the naughty laughs and the embarrassed stammering :lol: Wonderfully complex. Thank you

Act 2 is straight PL ok

I have a few notes for the other two acts though:

Act 1:

> at 0:10: (p. 37) between "hello Marion" and "glad to see you" could you leave more space here for the stage directions ? I fear Todd has no fiddling space at all here, let's not make it harder on him than it already is :?

> at 1:00: (p. 38) "think of your fix !" – if I may make a suggestion to improve the understanding of this line, I would emphasize "your" a bit more here. Marion mentions her husband's fix, so Bob naturally would counter with her fix. If you read the previous sentence it may become more clear to you what I mean. Not sure if I explained it accurately.

Act 3:

> at about 0:07: (p. 119) you forgot the "three men" line, where you are included in the group: "Dare ? Why ... I ... "

> at about 5:26: (p. 155) please insert missed ALL line: "Good-night"

Thanks !

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 7:18 am
GregGiordano wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:13 pmHere are all three acts for Bob Livingstone:
excellent job, Greg ! I was already highly curious how you would portray poor hen-pecked Bob. On the one side he comes across as a bit of a spineless whimp, but then he has his jovial moments. I equally enjoyed the naughty laughs and the embarrassed stammering :lol: Wonderfully complex. Thank you

Act 2 is straight PL ok

I have a few notes for the other two acts though:

Act 1:

> at 0:10: (p. 37) between "hello Marion" and "glad to see you" could you leave more space here for the stage directions ? I fear Todd has no fiddling space at all here, let's not make it harder on him than it already is :?

> at 1:00: (p. 38) "think of your fix !" – if I may make a suggestion to improve the understanding of this line, I would emphasize "your" a bit more here. Marion mentions her husband's fix, so Bob naturally would counter with her fix. If you read the previous sentence it may become more clear to you what I mean. Not sure if I explained it accurately.

Act 3:

> at about 0:07: (p. 119) you forgot the "three men" line, where you are included in the group: "Dare ? Why ... I ... "

> at about 5:26: (p. 155) please insert missed ALL line: "Good-night"

Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I will work on the corrections over the next evening or two. As always, many thanks for your kind feedback!

Take care,

Greg
qthemusic123

Post by qthemusic123 »

jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »