LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

EDIT: Stanton act 1 fixes PL OK.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Howard acts 2 and 3 are also PL OK. Nicely done.

All acts now completely assembled. Have to groom them next to adjust gaps and volumes and stack parts where necessary. These are long acts - each is an hour - so it will take some time....

And this is when I at last get to hear you all and find out what the story is! Great fun.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for final PL.

You are all really wonderful in this. But the two mothers are absolutely priceless together. That scene alone would solve Global Warming. Hard to see how there could have been a survivor....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:20 pmBut the two mothers are absolutely priceless together. That scene alone would solve Global Warming. Hard to see how there could have been a survivor....
:lol: yes TJ and I bring in enough chill to freeze hell over twice. So looking forward to this. But it will be for tomorrow morning !

And thanks for PLing the final role for me :9:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:20 pmAct 1 ready for final PL.
You are all really wonderful in this.
I just listened to the entire act and it was a treat !!!! The whole cast sounds like we really had rehearsed for this play weeks before we stage it. We all glue so greatly together. :clap:

I already gave feedback to all the other readers and can only affirm once again that all are brilliant in their respective roles. But as this was the first time I listened to Howard Stanton's part, I must add excited praise to Rick and a huge thanks that, with only one very small role under his belt, he dared to jump into the main male character here. You really got into Stanton's person and it's a perfect performance. I simply knew I was right to suggest the role to you and am happy you participated. Thanks !

Act 1 is PL ok, Todd, perfectly edited. Thanks. Looking forward to the next one.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great - and I am halfway through Act 2 grooming.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 2 is ready for Final PL.

It just gets better and better!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:40 amAnd Act 2 is ready for Final PL.
It just gets better and better!
perfectly PL ok again. Oh I was enjoying this so much. The coincidence that every man in this room knew Puss before was so extraordinary :lol: every man except General Livingstone of course. He's in firm hands :mrgreen:

Thanks for the perfect assembling again, Todd. It was a treat.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And here is Act 3 for Final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and a wonderful ending :clap: perfect acting and assembling.

I only have one question for the merged "Good night" at 47:00. Everybody handed in their voices but now that I listen to the whole act, I notice that not all people were present. I would say Mrs Livingstone, Mrs Stanton, Belle and Salie are not supposed to be there, it was only the men (except Wilson and Lynch) and Mrs Blakemore and Marion. I am not sure, but I think I hear more women out of it, is it important to be consistent ?

Other than that, it's perfect.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I don't think that this is important. A crowd of people say goodbye - that seems like enough. If it had only been 2-3 folks such that "normal" listeners (i.e., people not with your super-normal hearing!) might be able to tell who was there and not there, I would care. But it seems like it is going to be too many folks speaking at once for most listeners to identify - I don't think anyone else will notice any anomalies as it passes by.

Okay?

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 28th, 2021, 8:15 am Okay?
ok General :mrgreen: I also thought it might not be important, hence the question mark in my comment ;) but I wanted to do my full DPL job and mention it at least

PL ok then

Carry on...

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Deriving at Archive.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/a-womans-way-by-thompson-buchanan/

Thank you all for your glorious voices and acting, and thanks especially to Sonia for her DPL as well.

Sadly, no more Buchanan plays at Archive.org....

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:20 pm Act 1 ready for final PL.

You are all really wonderful in this. But the two mothers are absolutely priceless together. That scene alone would solve Global Warming. Hard to see how there could have been a survivor....

Thanks, Todd
lol! Glad to do my part toward a solution for Global Warming! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just listened to the first act -- wow! Priceless. Every single character has a unique style, voice, and personality -- I was soooo entertained! Nicely done, cast and crew! I can't wait to hear the rest! :clap:
TJ