COMPLETE (play) Hay Fever by Noel Coward - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you for all your help. Sorry I put you through the proverbial wringer. Jim :)
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 7:50 am Thank you for all your help. Sorry I put you through the proverbial wringer. Jim :)
Not at all! We're learning this LibriVox thing together. :)
Wendy
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I am for sure on the drama thing, but I am feeling better and better about it. Jim :thumbs:
WendyKatzHiller

neecheelok70 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 7:58 am I am for sure on the drama thing, but I am feeling better and better about it. Jim :thumbs:
I meant the "drama thing". Didn't mean to diss your LibriVox cred. :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

None taken. We are absolutely on the same page!
CassiopeiaSparks

Post by CassiopeiaSparks »

"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be
CassiopeiaSparks

Post by CassiopeiaSparks »

Sandy Tyrell Act 3 (5:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hayfever_sandytyrell_3_128kb.mp3

The hiccups were especially fun to do. :lol:

Thanks to all of you for being awesome! :9:
"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be
WendyKatzHiller

Thanks so much! Can't wait to hear them.
Wendy
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

Inspired by seeing this thread in “March to the Finish” I am determined to finish Clara today!

Here's act one: (4:01)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hayfever_clara_1_128kb.mp3

I hummed something generic when it says Clara hums a tune. I don't remember what I finally kept... a scale I think. You can remove it if it's inappropriate. I have class now, so I'll turn in act 2 this evening.
Roxy
WendyKatzHiller

Generoushorse wrote: March 29th, 2021, 6:47 am Inspired by seeing this thread in “March to the Finish” I am determined to finish Clara today!

I hummed something generic when it says Clara hums a tune. I don't remember what I finally kept... a scale I think. You can remove it if it's inappropriate. I have class now, so I'll turn in act 2 this evening.
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it.
Wendy
WendyKatzHiller

CassiopeiaSparks wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:06 am Sandy Tyrell Act 3 (5:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hayfever_sandytyrell_3_128kb.mp3

The hiccups were especially fun to do. :lol:

Thanks to all of you for being awesome! :9:
Excellent job! The hiccups are fabulous! Act 2 PL OK. Just one incredibly picky correction on Act 3.

~1:43 Judith gave us TO ONE ANOTHER. (words switched)

Beautiful rendition of Sandy. Those Blisses are horrid, aren't they? :)

Thanks,
Wendy
WendyKatzHiller

Generoushorse wrote: March 29th, 2021, 6:47 am Inspired by seeing this thread in “March to the Finish” I am determined to finish Clara today!

Wonderful job! See--you had nothing to worry about. :) Your characterization of Clara is spot on! Perfectly exasperated with the Blisses and their guests.

Just a couple of tiny changes:
First, do you want to be listed in the cast as Generous Horse or your own name; either is fine, but whichever it is should be what you put in your character/actor listing at the start of the act. Just checking.
~20 missing word. It should read: "writhing ABOUT. . . "
~1:10 missing word. It should read "rolling ABOUT in a field"
~2:50 "Pert I may be, but I 'ave got . . . " you added "at least"
Continuation of line: missing word "than AN imposition"

By the way, a trick I've learned about making corrections is to start at the end of the file and work backwards. That way the times listed don't change as you edit.

Thanks again; great work,
Wendy
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:49 am [quote= First, do you want to be listed in the cast as Generous Horse or your own name; either is fine, but whichever it is should be what you put in your character/actor listing at the start of the act. Just checking.
I guess I'm a little confused about forum name vs catalog name--In my mind I feel like their interchangeable?
Roxy
WendyKatzHiller

Generoushorse wrote: March 29th, 2021, 2:28 pm
WendyKatzHiller wrote: March 29th, 2021, 10:49 am [quote= First, do you want to be listed in the cast as Generous Horse or your own name; either is fine, but whichever it is should be what you put in your character/actor listing at the start of the act. Just checking.
I guess I'm a little confused about forum name vs catalog name--In my mind I feel like their interchangeable?
I'm pretty new to LibriVox, so maybe this is a question for ToddHW, but I believe your forum name is just what you want to be called in the posts and the catalog name is what you want to be called as a reader for those downloading the finished products. So, I believe your catalog name is what you should use to say "Clara, read by. . . "

Wendy
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wendy is exactly correct. You can use one name within the forum but something else entirely in your recorded voice credit and on our (more public) catalog pages if you wish.

Thanks, Todd