COMPLETE[Play] Overruled by George Bernard Shaw - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Aikenpayne wrote: March 6th, 2021, 2:57 pm Good Evening,

Herewith the recording for: “Juno” and incorporating the few words spoken by “A matter of fact male voice”.

I hope I got everything. Please let me know if it needs any adjustments, additions, amendments, etc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_junoandamatteroffactmalevoice_1_128kb.mp3

Time: 21 mins, 45 secs

I’ve really enjoyed recording this part and I’m looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Sláinte

Aiken
That's great thanks Aiken
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Juno and matter of fact voice are PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello,

Do you still need a PL for Section 1, Mrs. Lunn?
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Dulcamara wrote: March 9th, 2021, 7:21 am Hello,

Do you still need a PL for Section 1, Mrs. Lunn?
Yes please that would be great thanks
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Hello again,

I see in the Magic Window that “A Woman’s Voice is still designated as ‘Open’.

Is this actually the voice of Mrs. Lunn who is in the corridor with Mr. Juno as they are looking for the lounge?

The following line in the play is spoken by Gregory when he says “Great Heaven! we're both mad. That's my wife's voice,” which would indicate that he recognises it as the voice of Mrs. Lunn.

Also, is there still something in Section 8 that is still ‘Open’ and needs someone to do something?

Cheers,

Aiken

(Stay safe, everyone)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Aikenpayne wrote: March 9th, 2021, 9:41 am Hello again,

I see in the Magic Window that “A Woman’s Voice is still designated as ‘Open’.

Is this actually the voice of Mrs. Lunn who is in the corridor with Mr. Juno as they are looking for the lounge?

The following line in the play is spoken by Gregory when he says “Great Heaven! we're both mad. That's my wife's voice,” which would indicate that he recognises it as the voice of Mrs. Lunn.

Also, is there still something in Section 8 that is still ‘Open’ and needs someone to do something?

Cheers,

Aiken

(Stay safe, everyone)
Hi Aiken thank you for that I think you are indeed right I will record that line in my file. Section 8 is just an extra section I overestimated how many I needed and I am not able to delete it only an admin can do that. Thanks for flagging those things up to me.
Michele
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Here's Shaw's preface. A bit of its time, of course, but I thought very interesting. Hypocrisy doesn't seem to have lessened much since then – just moved into slightly different areas.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_0_128kb.mp3 @ 40.09
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MichaelMaggs wrote: March 9th, 2021, 10:24 am Here's Shaw's preface. A bit of its time, of course, but I thought very interesting. Hypocrisy doesn't seem to have lessened much since then – just moved into slightly different areas.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_0_128kb.mp3 @ 40.09
Thank you Michael much appreciated.
Michele
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

PL Notes on Section 0 (Mrs. Lunn)

~ 2:16, line missing : "Oh, Gregory's not insensible: very far from it: ... "

7:43: a repeat "I don't remember(unclear)-repeat-I don't remember your sinning"

Regards
Jasna

wib66

Post by wib66 »

Dulcamara wrote: March 9th, 2021, 4:00 pm PL Notes on Section 0 (Mrs. Lunn)

Regards
Thank you much appreciated
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The preface is PL OK thank you :D
Michele
anlinpereira

Post by anlinpereira »

Hi! I would love to proof-listen this for you. Kindly let me know the details, thank you! :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

anlinpereira wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:37 am Hi! I would love to proof-listen this for you. Kindly let me know the details, thank you! :)
Hi I will be editing this play together over the weekend so would be great if you could PL the final file for me thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Regards
I have edited this and reuploaded ready for a spot PL thanks
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_mrslunn_01_128kb.mp3
Michele
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

wib66 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 11:52 am

Regards
I have edited this and reuploaded ready for a spot PL thanks
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_mrslunn_01_128kb.mp3

Hi, Michele,

Section 0 (Mrs Lunn) is now PO OK.

Regards
Jasna