COMPLETE[Play] Overruled by George Bernard Shaw - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Ok, here are the stage directions ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 12.49

Shaw doesn't include a dramatis personae section but I've included one anyway, based on the MW, as I expect you'll need something to identify the contributors. Please ignore if not useful.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MichaelMaggs wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 7:46 am Ok, here are the stage directions ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 12.49

Shaw doesn't include a dramatis personae section but I've included one anyway, based on the MW, as I expect you'll need something to identify the contributors. Please ignore if not useful.
Hi Michael that's great thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
BaAdoMishram

Post by BaAdoMishram »

Can I be Mrs. Lunn?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

BaAdoMishram wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm Can I be Mrs. Lunn?
Hi and thank you for claiming. As this is a play please leave at least 3 to 4 seconds silence between each line that your character says. This helps with editing later on. Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator and Dramatis Personae are PL OK thanks
Michele
qthemusic123

Post by qthemusic123 »

Hope this is OK? First attempt, so fingers crossed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_theladymrsjuno_1_128kb.mp3
When words fail, music speaks. :thumbs:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

qthemusic123 wrote: February 9th, 2021, 6:56 am Hope this is OK? First attempt, so fingers crossed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_theladymrsjuno_1_128kb.mp3
Thank you for your section I will PL it later and let you know if anything is needed.
Michele
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Here are Gregory Lunn's speeches.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_gregorylunn_1_128kb.mp3

One point I'd like to add. I noticed that you have listed "A Matter of Fact Male Voice" as a separate character. That one line is actually Juno's line just before he enters with Mrs Lunn. Mrs Juno even says, "That was my husband's voice" immediately after. Shaw has a habit of not naming his characters until the name comes up in dialog--for example, Mrs Juno being "The Lady" for her first line.

Brad
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hamlet wrote: February 11th, 2021, 7:58 am Here are Gregory Lunn's speeches.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_gregorylunn_1_128kb.mp3

One point I'd like to add. I noticed that you have listed "A Matter of Fact Male Voice" as a separate character. That one line is actually Juno's line just before he enters with Mrs Lunn. Mrs Juno even says, "That was my husband's voice" immediately after. Shaw has a habit of not naming his characters until the name comes up in dialog--for example, Mrs Juno being "The Lady" for her first line.

Brad
Hi Brad. Thank you for your section and thank you for the info re the voice that is very much appreciated I will sort that out.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mrs Juno and Gregory are both PL OK great reading from you both thank you
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Good Evening all,

I see in the Magic Window that the role of Juno is still open. Should this be the case, I would like to claim it, if possible.

As a matter of clarification, does anyone know if this play is Public Domain in Ireland? Undertaking this part would be dependent on it being so.

Many thanks,

Sláinte,

Aiken
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Aikenpayne wrote: February 16th, 2021, 9:32 pm Good Evening all,

I see in the Magic Window that the role of Juno is still open. Should this be the case, I would like to claim it, if possible.

As a matter of clarification, does anyone know if this play is Public Domain in Ireland? Undertaking this part would be dependent on it being so.

Many thanks,

Sláinte,

Aiken
Hi Aiken the public domain in Ireland is +70 years from the death of the author so this is ok for you. I will sign you up.
Michele
BaAdoMishram

Post by BaAdoMishram »

Unfortunately I have had some things come up that have made me too busy to devote the time I would need to record this. Thank you for the opportunity, but since I will not be able to complete it in the time limit, I think I should forgo and let someone else do it.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

BaAdoMishram wrote: February 25th, 2021, 7:41 am Unfortunately I have had some things come up that have made me too busy to devote the time I would need to record this. Thank you for the opportunity, but since I will not be able to complete it in the time limit, I think I should forgo and let someone else do it.
Not a problem at all I do hope everything is ok thank you very much for letting me know
Michele
Aikenpayne

Post by Aikenpayne »

Good Evening,

Herewith the recording for: “Juno” and incorporating the few words spoken by “A matter of fact male voice”.

I hope I got everything. Please let me know if it needs any adjustments, additions, amendments, etc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_junoandamatteroffactmalevoice_1_128kb.mp3

Time: 21 mins, 45 secs

I’ve really enjoyed recording this part and I’m looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Sláinte

Aiken