COMPLETE [Play]: Seven Keys to Baldpate by George M. Cohan-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Kelly,
Here are my PL notes for Act 1 Stage Directions; I hope they're okay.

13:32 please change "upstairs" to "upstage" in the phrase "...appears at door upstage and peers...";
18:46 change "flask" to "cases" in "Picks up cases from floor..."
45:59 add R. to the direction "Mrs. Rhodes runs R. screaming..."
1:01:17 Add two missing directions--"Myra puts lantern on desk and throws up her hands." "Laughs as Myra comes around desk R. to C. slowly.
1:10:21 change "appears" to "enters" in "Max enters and goes quickly up..."
1:21:48 "inside" should be "aside" in "Unlocks door L. and steps aside."

Thanks,
Lora
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

ADKreader1122 wrote: January 28th, 2021, 12:08 pm Hi Kelly,
Here are my PL notes for Act 1 Stage Directions; I hope they're okay.

13:32 please change "upstairs" to "upstage" in the phrase "...appears at door upstage and peers...";
18:46 change "flask" to "cases" in "Picks up cases from floor..."
45:59 add R. to the direction "Mrs. Rhodes runs R. screaming..."
1:01:17 Add two missing directions--"Myra puts lantern on desk and throws up her hands." "Laughs as Myra comes around desk R. to C. slowly.
1:10:21 change "appears" to "enters" in "Max enters and goes quickly up..."
1:21:48 "inside" should be "aside" in "Unlocks door L. and steps aside."

Thanks,
Lora
Yes -- I'll get these fixed right away!
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Here are Mrs. Quimby's parts. Let me know if I've gone too far in the direction of accent and too far from clear diction (or otherwise made bloopers)... this is my first time trying a dramatic reading and I'm still figuring things out, so I'm grateful for having started with a very short part. Thanks!
Act 1 duration 6:54
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_mrsquimby_1_128kb.mp3
Act 2 duration 1:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_mrsquimby_2_128kb.mp3
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Thanks, Joanna! I thought the accent worked very well for the character -- nice job! One suggestion for future efforts: leave more space, at least three seconds, between lines. It makes editing the speeches together much easier.

Mike
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

If you'll have me, I'd love to claim Magee!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

MManolakes wrote: January 28th, 2021, 9:20 pm One suggestion for future efforts: leave more space, at least three seconds, between lines. It makes editing the speeches together much easier.

Mike
Thank you! I think I read 2-5, but I can see why longer would be better. Shall I expand the spaces and reupload the files, or is having to replace them in the Magic Window more of a hassle for you than it's worth for short files?

Also, delighted to see that we have a Magee!
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

JoannaHoyt wrote: January 29th, 2021, 4:04 am
MManolakes wrote: January 28th, 2021, 9:20 pm One suggestion for future efforts: leave more space, at least three seconds, between lines. It makes editing the speeches together much easier.

Mike
Thank you! I think I read 2-5, but I can see why longer would be better. Shall I expand the spaces and reupload the files, or is having to replace them in the Magic Window more of a hassle for you than it's worth for short files?

Also, delighted to see that we have a Magee!
It's not necessary to redo these files. I'll be able to edit with what you've given me. It was just something to keep in mind for the future.

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

OooThatsNifty wrote: January 29th, 2021, 12:40 am If you'll have me, I'd love to claim Magee!
Terrific! Welcome aboard!

Mike
ChristopherFoeckler

Post by ChristopherFoeckler »

I'd be happy to take on Jiggs Kennedy (Act 2). I was in this play in college and I have directed it once.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Kelly,
Notes for Stage Directions, Act 2:
17:51 change "hand" to "arm" in "Grabs Max's arm and throws it back."
19:24 Add "L." in "...looking up at room L., turns...
30:30 change "unlocks" to "locks" in "Cargan as the latter locks the door."
44:11 change "unlocks" to "locks" in "Chief locks door and comes down stage to Mary."
48:50 change "enters" to "exits" in "...and closes it as Cop exits."

Great job with two very long sections!
Thanks,
Lora
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ChristopherFoeckler wrote: January 29th, 2021, 11:00 am I'd be happy to take on Jiggs Kennedy (Act 2). I was in this play in college and I have directed it once.
Thanks for volunteering! I see you're new to the forum. Before you sign up for this project, can you first submit the "1-Minute Test" to make sure technical settings are correct, etc. The directions are here http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Then I'll be happy to have you be part of the project!

Mike
ChristopherFoeckler

MManolakes wrote: January 29th, 2021, 12:08 pm
ChristopherFoeckler wrote: January 29th, 2021, 11:00 am I'd be happy to take on Jiggs Kennedy (Act 2). I was in this play in college and I have directed it once.
Thanks for volunteering! I see you're new to the forum. Before you sign up for this project, can you first submit the "1-Minute Test" to make sure technical settings are correct, etc. The directions are here http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. Then I'll be happy to have you be part of the project!

Mike
You bet. Stand by...
ChristopherFoeckler

Mike
Here's the URL to my test file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_christopherfoeckler.mp3
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ChristopherFoeckler wrote: January 29th, 2021, 1:20 pm

Mike
Here's the URL to my test file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_christopherfoeckler.mp3
Great! The place to post your test file is in the Listeners & Editors Wanted section, where you'll get feedback about your recording. I can tell you, though, that you'll need to set your recording software to use a constant bit rate of 128 kbps, and adjust the volume level so that it's between 86-92 dB, as it's now a little too high.

Mike
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I play Lou Max please?