ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

PL OK! :thumbs:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
DeborahJoye

Post by DeborahJoye »

Hi there

Love Aphra Behn. Happy to read (perform) Section 13 Keplair, Philosopher in Act 3.

There's a few songs in that Act which may be meant to be sung collectively ... what is happening there?

Debbie Kearns
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

We don't sing. It is too hard to make sure the tune we use when singing is PD, and while I can line up voices that are chanting it is too hard for me to match up singing voices. So instead of singing, just chant.

Thanks, Todd
DeborahJoye

Post by DeborahJoye »

ToddHW wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 6:59 am Thank you.

We don't sing. It is too hard to make sure the tune we use when singing is PD, and while I can line up voices that are chanting it is too hard for me to match up singing voices. So instead of singing, just chant.

Thanks, Todd
Will do. Thanks Todd.
DeborahJoye

Post by DeborahJoye »

Hello there

I've completed a recording of Keplair, Act 3 including speaking through songs. Here is the url.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/emperorofthemoon_Keplair_3_128kb.mp3

As you have to cut and paste and edit it all together anyway, I marked a few mistakes with claps and then reread from an earlier point. If you need me to edit those sections out, let me know.

Thanks

Debbie
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

DeborahJoye wrote: February 20th, 2021, 9:10 pm Hello there

I've completed a recording of Keplair, Act 3 including speaking through songs. Here is the url.

As you have to cut and paste and edit it all together anyway, I marked a few mistakes with claps and then reread from an earlier point. If you need me to edit those sections out, let me know.

Thanks

Debbie
It would be a great help if you edit out those things which don't represent your best effort at the character you have read. Otherwise, when I assemble - which I do mostly visually - I am likely to paste in a hand clap or a mistake in place of a real line and then find that I have leftover material when I am done....

Thanks, Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Thanks
Debbie
Thanks Debbie - nicely read!

See Todd's reply above regarding editing out your stumbles / repeats - I've noted those points below, as well as a few additional PL notes:

0:08 - Please read the full character description as seen in the MW. In this case it should be "Keplair, Philosopher" rather than just Keplair
3:42 - Remove stumble / repeat
3:56 - I hear "normal breast" rather than "noble breast"
4:01 - Remove stumble on "twining of arms"
4:24 - Remove stumble on "Scorpio"
9:48 - Remove stumble / repeat

Thanks again!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 stage directions ready for PL. What a strange fun play!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/emperorofthemoon_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
DeborahJoye

Post by DeborahJoye »

Thanks - will sort all that out. My first effort at a character read so, not easy is it.

Debbie

OooThatsNifty wrote: February 21st, 2021, 1:41 pm

Thanks
Debbie
Thanks Debbie - nicely read!

See Todd's reply above regarding editing out your stumbles / repeats - I've noted those points below, as well as a few additional PL notes:

0:08 - Please read the full character description as seen in the MW. In this case it should be "Keplair, Philosopher" rather than just Keplair
3:42 - Remove stumble / repeat
3:56 - I hear "normal breast" rather than "noble breast"
4:01 - Remove stumble on "twining of arms"
4:24 - Remove stumble on "Scorpio"
9:48 - Remove stumble / repeat

Thanks again!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

ToddHW wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:59 pm Act 1 stage directions ready for PL. What a strange fun play!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/emperorofthemoon_stagedirections_1_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Todd
It's certainly an odd one, but wonderfully silly - I'm quite enjoying it so far :)

Only one small PL note:

~17:33, midway through Scene III - Missing "Enter Cinthio"

Thanks!

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Act 1 stage directions fixed, ready for spot PL.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

ToddHW wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:35 pm Thank you. Act 1 stage directions fixed, ready for spot PL.

Todd
Perfect now - PL OK!