ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Thanks Alan! PL OK! :thumbs:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Hi Wendy! Just a few small PL notes:

Act 1:

3:00 - Act 2 line included in Act 1 file. "Madam, your Cousin Florinda, with a Lady, are come to visit you"

Act 2:

0:17 - Missing line: "You have your Lessons, stand to it bravely..."

Act 3:

0:10 - Missing line: "Seignior Doctor tells me I have a Lover waits me..."

Otherwise, all is well - thank you!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

So sorry! I'll send you the new ones soon. Mea culpa.
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

No need to apologize :D

I also had one other *possible* note that I wanted to mention, in hopes that the Man in Charge might weigh in:

Regarding the opening "Songs" - I'm not exactly sure where the line is to be drawn between "Chanted" and "Recited", if that makes sense. The text is perfectly PL OK, but I'm not sure if our BC / Editor Extraordinaire had something specific in mind in terms of rhythm, etc, as both Elaria & yourself approached the section a bit differently.

Todd, could I get a second opinion on this? I suppose I should have checked when PL-ing Elaria, but didn't cross my mind until just now. Thanks!

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

What I specifically wanted was to not have singing. I can overlay many styles of talking together regardless of the speed and rhythm in which the words were spoken by different people (or not depending on what ends up sounding better to me - sometimes I switch back and forth between readers instead of keeping it always simultaneous). But I can't overlay pitched singing with much success.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

ToddHW wrote: January 17th, 2021, 5:41 pm What I specifically wanted was to not have singing. I can overlay many styles of talking together regardless of the speed and rhythm in which the words were spoken by different people (or not depending on what ends up sounding better to me - sometimes I switch back and forth between readers instead of keeping it always simultaneous). But I can't overlay pitched singing with much success.

Thanks, Todd
Understood - thanks for clarifying!
Perfect - Mopsophil is now fully PL OK :thumbs:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
techieteachER38

Post by techieteachER38 »

Clerk Act 3- I would like this part, please. Thanks!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

techieteachER38 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 8:41 am Clerk Act 3- I would like this part, please. Thanks!
Thank you, welcome to Librivox, and more specifically to the drama forum. Please do the One Minute Test so we know your equipment is all set up properly. Did you also get the addiction warning?

Most of how things work is the same everywhere at Librivox, but there are a few special things about dramas. Here is a short summary of the important special rules:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which for your role should be: "Clerk, read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it (don't re=record the entire thing! that makes more work for everyone and risks new errors) and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd