[EDITING] [DramReading] The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi TJ! Just wanted to let you know that Gatsby's lines have all been recorded and just need to be edited. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:20 pm Hi TJ! Just wanted to let you know that Gatsby's lines have all been recorded and just need to be edited. :thumbs:
That is great news! I have all but 2 chapters recorded for Nick and a bit of time this week. :D

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 7:22 pm Finally I present to you Jay Gatsby. :)
Excellent, Tomas! I'm so excited to listen to these and start editing them in! This is so exciting!

Thanks a ton!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

KDonProduction wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:34 pm Hello! What an exciting project! Would I be able to read for the Police Officer and Mr. Sloane? I've read a few chapters and short stories on here but a dramatic reading sounds fun!
Hi Kyle!

As my expert in all things law enforcement in The Great Gatsy, I was wondering if you could be so kind as to record 2 words for me for Chapter 9. I think it would have more dramatic effect if the words "mad man" actually came from a detective.

"Someone with a positive manner, perhaps a detective, used the expression ‘mad man’ as he bent over Wilson’s body that afternoon, and the adventitious authority of his voice set the key for the newspaper reports next morning."

The line is in the first paragraph of Chapter 9:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PJoZ-7TZ7QWh5PLHquAcJ1eqV1H11ehl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
TJ
KDonProduction

Post by KDonProduction »

Hey TJ! Please see the link below for a couple takes of the "mad man" line from the detective.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_policeman_9_128kb.mp3 (0:15)

Let me know if you need anything else! I'm having fun playing a small role in this project!
benderca wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:41 am
KDonProduction wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:34 pm Hello! What an exciting project! Would I be able to read for the Police Officer and Mr. Sloane? I've read a few chapters and short stories on here but a dramatic reading sounds fun!
Hi Kyle!

As my expert in all things law enforcement in The Great Gatsy, I was wondering if you could be so kind as to record 2 words for me for Chapter 9. I think it would have more dramatic effect if the words "mad man" actually came from a detective.

"Someone with a positive manner, perhaps a detective, used the expression ‘mad man’ as he bent over Wilson’s body that afternoon, and the adventitious authority of his voice set the key for the newspaper reports next morning."

The line is in the first paragraph of Chapter 9:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PJoZ-7TZ7QWh5PLHquAcJ1eqV1H11ehl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

KDonProduction wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:38 pm Hey TJ! Please see the link below for a couple takes of the "mad man" line from the detective.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_policeman_9_128kb.mp3 (0:15)

Let me know if you need anything else! I'm having fun playing a small role in this project!
Perfect! I will definitely let you know!

Thanks so much!
TJ
leof

Post by leof »

Hi there!

I see section 10 marked as open but no roles listed. Is there an open role to claim there? I prefer to claim male roles.

(And apologies if Section 10 has been addressed already. I’m a fan of the book and would love an opportunity to become a part of this recording!)

Cheers,

Leo Fialho
benderca

Post by benderca »

leof wrote: November 30th, 2021, 8:55 pm Hi there!

I see section 10 marked as open but no roles listed. Is there an open role to claim there? I prefer to claim male roles.

(And apologies if Section 10 has been addressed already. I’m a fan of the book and would love an opportunity to become a part of this recording!)

Cheers,

Leo Fialho
No, sorry, that's just a placeholder. Unfortunately there are no more male roles left in this project. I will, however, be starting some more classics at the beginning of the year with some great male parts -- so keep checking in!

Thanks for your enthusiasm!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 7:22 pm Finally I present to you Jay Gatsby. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greatgatsby_gatsby_04.mp3
Tomas, I have a teeny tiny request for Chapter 4. Could you please pronounce "Meyer" like "my-er". The rest of us pronounce it that way. It wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm afraid your pronunciation sounds like "Mayor" -- that might confuse people into thinking he's a politician (and Gatsby does rub elbows with politicians, so it wouldn't be a stretch).

4:06 "Don't hurry, Meyer,"

4:25 "Meyer Wolfshiem? No he's a gambler."

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

KDonProduction wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:38 pm Hey TJ! Please see the link below for a couple takes of the "mad man" line from the detective.

Hi Kyle,

I just can't get enough of your wonderful voice. I have one more tiny request for my expert in all things law enforcement... this time it's the coroner (I think), but the line is:

‘deranged by grief’

It's the first line on page 2 of Chapter 9:
So Wilson was reduced to a man ‘deranged by grief’ in order that the case might remain in its simplest form. And it rested there. You could just post it as a separate file, since I've already edited your other line into the main file. (I hope you're not regretting having told me, "Let me know if you need anything else!" hee hee).

Thanks,
TJ
wib66

Post by wib66 »

can I read girl 1 chapter 3 please
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
rberenyi

Post by rberenyi »

I just submitted my test recording for feedback so I haven't heard anything yet, but I would be happy to be Girl 1 if you still need someone for those lines once I know my test was good to go! :)
benderca

Post by benderca »

wib66 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 1:51 pm can I read girl 1 chapter 3 please
Thanks so much, Michele, I'll sign you up.
rberenyi wrote: December 21st, 2021, 9:53 pm I just submitted my test recording for feedback so I haven't heard anything yet, but I would be happy to be Girl 1 if you still need someone for those lines once I know my test was good to go! :)
Welcome to Librivox, Richelle! I love your voice! (Someone will be along to check the recording settings on your 1-minute test soon).

We are almost done with this project, and unfortunately the final part of "Girl 1" was claimed yesterday (My apologies for not updating the Magic Window -- I wasn't online yesterday). But fear not, I have some great dramatic readings ready to start at the beginning of the year and there will be plenty of parts to claim.

Thanks,
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

And now we are full again. Jasmin has so graciously volunteered to play the role of Daisy and has finished recording. Michele will be picking up the role of "Girl 1". Meanwhile, I am busy editing everything together and I can tell you: it sounds amazing so far!