OPEN[Play]London Assurance by Dion Boucicault-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
ColleenMc
Posts: 1997
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 2nd, 2021, 7:45 am

In keeping with my New Years resolution to venture into the realm of plays and dramatic readings, could I try Pert please?

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 2nd, 2021, 8:42 am

ColleenMc wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 7:45 am
In keeping with my New Years resolution to venture into the realm of plays and dramatic readings, could I try Pert please?

Colleen
Absolutely! Welcome to the cast!

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13070
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 3rd, 2021, 5:03 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 6:46 am
ToddHW wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:55 am
Might I play Max Harkaway?

Thanks, Todd
Most definitely! Welcome to the cast!
Not in MW. Forgotten perhaps. Maybe that is the story of Max's life and much in character....

Thanks, Todd

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 3rd, 2021, 7:20 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 5:03 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 6:46 am
ToddHW wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:55 am
Might I play Max Harkaway?

Thanks, Todd
Most definitely! Welcome to the cast!
Not in MW. Forgotten perhaps. Maybe that is the story of Max's life and much in character....

Thanks, Todd
Oops! I must confess I did get distracted... Poor Max is always getting lost in the shuffle in this story!

alanmapstone
Posts: 2431
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 7th, 2021, 3:34 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 7th, 2021, 11:47 am

Thanks for getting this in so quickly!

Andrewjames
Posts: 93
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by Andrewjames » January 8th, 2021, 8:08 am

oh spiffy a farce...

may i claim

1 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT I Open
2 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT II Open
3 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT III Open
4 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT IV Open
5 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT V Open

please, thank you muchly!

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 10:54 am

Andrewjames wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 8:08 am
oh spiffy a farce...

may i claim

1 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT I Open
2 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT II Open
3 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT III Open
4 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT IV Open
5 Sir Harcourt Courtly ACT V Open

please, thank you muchly!
Yes, most definitely! Welcome to the cast!

Andrewjames
Posts: 93
Joined: May 29th, 2020, 1:00 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Post by Andrewjames » January 8th, 2021, 12:40 pm


ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Swiftly accomplished! Thanks! I look forward to listening to this!

Kalamareader
Posts: 901
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » January 8th, 2021, 2:07 pm

Hi Kelly,

May I claim one of more ambitious roles left in the cast? Martin, please. :lol:

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 4:49 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 2:07 pm
Hi Kelly,

May I claim one of more ambitious roles left in the cast? Martin, please. :lol:

Thanks,

Wayne
Of course! Welcome aboard!

adrianstephens
Posts: 1446
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 9th, 2021, 12:25 am

May I attempt to dazzle you?
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 9th, 2021, 7:35 am

adrianstephens wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 12:25 am
May I attempt to dazzle you?
Oh please!! Welcome to the cast!

ktaylor07
Posts: 705
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 9th, 2021, 9:28 am

Still searching for a DPL, so temporarily filling in that spot myself.

Much better sound quality -- but still a little echo-y. The interpretation of the lines is just right -- very spirited and carefree! Perfect start to the role!

Post Reply