COMPLETE[PLAY]Summer Boarders by Josephine Van Tassel Bruorton - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's cute little Barretta, Act 3, talking her parents right into prison... :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_barrettabland_3_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

~My apologies concerning Pansy Pratt.~
benderca

Post by benderca »

I don't know what to make of this character. In the first act, she seems haughty and elitist; in the second act, I can't figure out whether she is a victim or an accessory to theft; and in the 3rd act, she goes from criminal behavior to being distinctly sympathetic in the end... :hmm:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_mrsbland_3_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Marya999

Post by Marya999 »

Could I read Miss Karrenhappuch Wicked please.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

But while you may BE Wicked, your name is actually Wicks....

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My goal for tomorrow is to catch up on PLs for this project (and hopefully Fanny as well). I'm tempted to start on it tonight, but as sleepy as I feel, I'm sure I'd miss something. I'm off to bed for now. :9:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

WhiskeySong wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 9:05 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_mrsschultz_1_128kb.mp3 2.32 KB (2:28)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_mrsschultz_3_128kb.mp3 2.70 KB (2:52)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_mrsschultz_4_128kb.mp3 3.92 KB (4:10)

Sorry it took so long, I was narrating an audiobook, & I had a steep learning curve. Hope this suffices. :)
Thank you, Peg! Whew, I have to apologize in my turn for making you wait almost a month for your PL report. :oops:

First, I want to tell you how much I enjoyed listening and how impressed I am with how well you did the accent! :clap: Also, thank you for the little exclamations and things you included. Todd may not be able to use all of them. It's sometimes difficult to find a good place to slot them in. But if he can, he usually will. All the lines are here, and sound great! (At least, I don't think I missed any. For some reason, I've found this script a difficult one to scan through. :? ) But I do have one suggestion to make in Act 4. It's totally optional, but take a look and see what you think. The voice credit is also slightly off, so it would be nice to redo that and just include it in the Act 4 file. :)

Act 4:
At the beginning, what we want is "Mrs. Peter Schultz, owner of many jewels, read by..." What I hear is "Role of Mrs. Peter Schultz, owner of many jewels, read by..." It may sound nitpicky, but this credit is going to be heard in sequence with all the other readers' voice credits, and we want to be consistent. Todd might be able to cut the "role of" out, but sometimes it's difficult to make a precise cut like that and still have it sound good. (Todd, you may want to take a look and decide whether you'd prefer to have this rerecorded, or if you can manage as is.)
OPTIONAL suggestion. At 3:29, p. 66, the line is "Ach, Peder, mein Peder, you vass ein tear goot mans, Peder." You've said the word "tear" to rhyme with "air," but I think it is meant to be "dear," so should rhyme with "here." Still, as I say, this is optional, as lines that are written in dialect like this are difficult to begin with, and are often a matter of interpretation.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I found some lines for Barretta in Act 2, so we'll need to add another section for her. I hope Jasmin is still ready for more? :wink:

EDIT: Ignore me. I forgot I already listened to her Act 2. :oops:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Barretta is PL ok for Acts 1 and 3! :clap:

However, as I posted above, I have discovered that she also appears in Act 2, so we'll need a bit more from her. :)

EDIT: Ignore me. I forgot I already listened to her Act 2. :oops:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And finally, Mrs. Bland. :D I have to admit, TJ, it was amusing to hear the line "they are so excessively American" spoken so scornfully in an American accent. :lol: But I'm totally on board with your proposed backstory. It could happen! Everything is present and accounted for, although I have an optional note for you in act 3. :)

3:00 OPTIONAL. Slight word change here, but I think it works either way. On page 57, the line is "I do not believe you will ever repent it." I hear "I do not believe you will ever resent it."
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: March 12th, 2021, 4:42 pm And finally, Mrs. Bland. :D I have to admit, TJ, it was amusing to hear the line "they are so excessively American" spoken so scornfully in an American accent. :lol: But I'm totally on board with your proposed backstory. It could happen! Everything is present and accounted for, although I have an optional note for you in act 3. :)

3:00 OPTIONAL. Slight word change here, but I think it works either way. On page 57, the line is "I do not believe you will ever repent it." I hear "I do not believe you will ever resent it."
lol! Yes, we were seriously considering redoing our parts with a British accent, but, alas, Jasmin decided against it... :lol:

Here's Mrs. Bland Act 3 with "repent" instead of "resent":
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/summerboarders_mrsbland_3_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Devorah!