COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 015 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

GregGiordano wrote: May 21st, 2021, 3:02 pm Here is Tim Casey for "Spreading the News" - section 72

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/spreading_timcasey_gregory.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MW updated.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

A Photographic Fix is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Chris and Annie - need Cast Lists for Photographic Fix and Shadow of the Glen. Examples abound in previous one act collections, or other current plays such as viewtopic.php?p=1899037#p1899037 (For reference, you can see who played what role way down in the One Act MW where I moved the original reader sections after the completed play sections once each play was complete.)

Just post Cast List here and I will put into the MW database.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Let me update again the "Where do we stand at this point?" list.

1 - Shrew - OPEN; one part unclaimed
2 - Jealousy - FULL; three parts not submitted yet
3 - Fix - DONE
4 - Lady - FULL; one part ready for PL, one part has PL notes
5 - Roadhouse - OPEN; two parts unclaimed, three parts ready for PL
6 - Glen - DONE
7 - Rehearsal - READY TO EDIT
8 - Trysting - OPEN; one part unclaimed, two parts ready for PL
9 - Circle - READY TO EDIT
10 - News - OPEN; two parts unclaimed, one part ready for PL

It would be really good to get the PL's (or Spot PL's) done quickly. You never know if readers will be around to make fixes and if you delay you might have a big problem.

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

JoannaHoyt wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:16 am Here's Le Barbouillé for Play 2. Duration 7:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/jealousyoflebarbouille_lebarbouille_moliere.mp3
Nicely done.

One thing to fix @ 0:02 - You should always read the entire character description as in the MW: "Le Barbouillé, husband to Angélique" - adding in this case that you are "husband to Angélique" so that listeners understand that even before you speak.

Please upload with fix inserted using the same file name (so that the link copied into the MW stays valid).

Not important this time, but keep in mind for future roles: when there is a stage direction in the middle of a line, leave the same amount of space as you have nicely left between lines here. Helps in the editing.

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:50 am

One thing to fix @ 0:02 - You should always read the entire character description as in the MW: "Le Barbouillé, husband to Angélique" - adding in this case that you are "husband to Angélique" so that listeners understand that even before you speak.

Please upload with fix inserted using the same file name (so that the link copied into the MW stays valid).

Not important this time, but keep in mind for future roles: when there is a stage direction in the middle of a line, leave the same amount of space as you have nicely left between lines here. Helps in the editing.

Thanks, Todd
Thanks for your promptness and patience! Here's the new version with proper voice credit, 7:35

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/jealousyoflebarbouille_lebarbouille_moliere.mp3

I know, in theory, that I am supposed to leave space for mid-line stage directions, but plainly I need to work on actually putting that knowledge into practice...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Just so I know how much to PL - is the only change in this the voice credit?

Thanks, Todd
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Sorry. Yes, that is the only change. Can also add spaces or not--let me know which is easier for you at this point.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

No need to add spaces - there was only one embedded stage direction for you in this script.

PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Hi Todd,

I can take that last role in Taming of the Shrew if you would like.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Here is The Last Rehearsal:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays015_07_various_128kb.mp3
23:10

I do not already have someone lined up to PL. Would anyone like to do it?
-Jenn B.
My Recordings