COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 015 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Hi, I’d like to claim the role of King Charles II in Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady. :D
And thank you ktaylor07 (again) for PMing me about the empty spot in the play, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your message :9:
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: April 6th, 2021, 12:41 pm Hi, I’d like to claim the role of King Charles II in Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady. :D
And thank you ktaylor07 (again) for PMing me about the empty spot in the play, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your message :9:
Hooray! Looking forward to listening to your performance!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Betty in Diobolical circle is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Adonijah in Diabolical Circle is PL OK

I hope you don't mind me saying but for future reference when you are reading for a play or dramatic read it would be helpful for the editor if you could leave 3 to 4 seconds of silence between lines within one line if that makes sense .
ADONIJAH. [Highly complimented.] So be it, yet I scarce had hoped that thou would'st notice. [Advancing.] Born to drive, thou sayest, not be driven.
So here you would read
So be it, yet I scarce had hoped that thou would'st notice.

then you would leave 3 to 4 seconds of silence before saying

Born to drive, thou sayest, not be driven.

It is ok for this one as I am the editor and the file is only short but it would help other editors particularly in long plays if you could do this. Many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ktaylor07 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 12:53 pm
EltonTheSnowman wrote: April 6th, 2021, 12:41 pm Hi, I’d like to claim the role of King Charles II in Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady. :D
And thank you ktaylor07 (again) for PMing me about the empty spot in the play, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your message
Hooray! Looking forward to listening to your performance!
Glad to see this taken up so quickly :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

wib66 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 3:47 pm Adonijah in Diabolical Circle is PL OK

I hope you don't mind me saying but for future reference when you are reading for a play or dramatic read it would be helpful for the editor if you could leave 3 to 4 seconds of silence between lines within one line if that makes sense .
ADONIJAH. [Highly complimented.] So be it, yet I scarce had hoped that thou would'st notice. [Advancing.] Born to drive, thou sayest, not be driven.
So here you would read
So be it, yet I scarce had hoped that thou would'st notice.

then you would leave 3 to 4 seconds of silence before saying

Born to drive, thou sayest, not be driven.

It is ok for this one as I am the editor and the file is only short but it would help other editors particularly in long plays if you could do this. Many thanks
Thank you for the feedback. It is most welcome!

Thank you for proof-listening my part.

Take care,

Greg
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

Here's Mrs. Tully from #10 Spreading the News. Please let me know if I should make any changes or corrections.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/spreadingthenews_mrstully_gregory.mp3

Thanks,
Wendy
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:27 am Here's Mrs. Tully from #10 Spreading the News. Please let me know if I should make any changes or corrections.

Thanks,
Wendy
Thank you will PL over the next couple of days
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:27 am Here's Mrs. Tully from #10 Spreading the News. Please let me know if I should make any changes or corrections.

Thanks,
Wendy
Mrs Tully is PL OK love the accent.
Michele
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

wib66 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:19 pm

Thanks,
Wendy
Mrs Tully is PL OK love the accent.
I'm glad you liked it; it's a new one for me. :)

Wendy
lindapwebster

Post by lindapwebster »

May I please claim Section 63, Margery Patterson, from "Last Rehearsal"?

Thank you,
lindapwebster
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

MW updated.

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will be PL ing 36, 37, 38 and 39 thanks
Michele
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to your recording and here is my feedback on the 5:28 recording for Leonara:
The following spots are where a 3-5 second silence is needed for a spot either between two lines or when there is a stage direction between a line. I did not mark other spots when it is about 3-second long or longer.
0:14, 0:17, 0:29, 0:32, 1:14, 2:28, 2:32, 3:30,

Regards,
Jessie
EliseDee wrote: March 30th, 2021, 12:29 pm Hola,

Just uploaded my part (Leonora) for "Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady":
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faintheart_leonora_planche128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Elise :)
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I am so happy to listen to this new 10:46 edition and it's perfect for PL OK.

Dear Todd,
I also listened to the one from MW, which is 10:34 instead of 10:46. Please update both the link and the PL status. Thanks!

Regards,
Jessie
Andrewjames wrote: February 26th, 2021, 10:34 am updated file for faint heart never won fair lady

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faintheartneverwonfairlady_marquisdesantacruz_planche_128kb.mp3

thank u for the excellent PL, made it v straightforward to add the extra lines