COMPLETE[PLAY]One Act Play Collection 015 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here's Miss Diana Duff for the "Photographic Fix".

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/photographicfix_dianaduff_hay.mp3

I never read the full play when I record, but even so I usually get an idea what's going on concerning my character.
Here, I have no clue... :?:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I try never to read the whole play first either. That way, my character only knows what they have heard and said so far as they respond to events while I read. Sometimes this means I have to re-record a buncha stuff, but it is fun seeing a part of the plot and action just through your character's lines.

Todd
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

jennlea wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:53 pm
ToddHW wrote: April 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm Stage directions for Last Rehearsal (12:30):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lastrehearsal_stagedirections_crandall.mp3

Thanks, Todd
I just had a listen and it is perfectly PL-OK! Thanks so much for reading the stage directions :9:
Just making sure that this didn't get lost :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Where do we stand at this point?

1 - Shrew - FULL; one part ready for PL and one part not submitted yet
2 - Jealousy - OPEN; one part unclaimed, two parts not submitted yet
3 - Fix - FULL; one part not submitted yet, one part needs PL fixes, one part ready for PL
4 - Lady - FULL; one part not submitted yet, one part needs PL fixes
5 - Roadhouse - OPEN; four parts unclaimed, one part ready for PL
6 - Glen - DONE-ish; waiting for final PL
7 - Rehearsal - FULL; one part ready for PL
8 - Trysting - OPEN; one part unclaimed, one part not submitted, one part ready for PL
9 - Circle - FULL; one part ready for PL
10 - News - OPEN; four parts unclaimed, one part not submitted, two parts ready for PL

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The Diabolical Circle Charles Manning is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Spreading the News

PL Notes for Jack Smith

There are a lot of missing lines at the beginning of the file.

00:09

[Voice of Jack Smith heard singing:]

I thought, my first love,
There'd be but one house between you and me,
And I thought I would find
Yourself coaxing my child on your knee.
Over the tide
I would leap with the leap of a swan,
Till I came to the side
Of the wife of the red-haired man!

[Jack Smith comes in; he is a red-haired man, and is carrying a hayfork.]

Jack Smith. She was delayed with her washing; bleaching the clothes on the hedge she is, and she daren't leave them, with all the tinkers that do be passing to the fair. It isn't to the fair I came myself, but up to the Five Acre Meadow I'm going, where I have a contract for the hay. We'll get a share of it into tramps to-day. [He lays down hayfork and lights his pipe.]

Jack Smith. If it didn't itself, Bartley, it is my belief you would carry a leaky pail on your head in place of a hat, the way you'd not be without some cause of complaining. [A voice heard, "Go on, now, go on out o' that. Go on I say."]

Jack Smith. Look at that young mare of Pat Ryan's that is backing into Shaughnessy's bullocks with the dint of the crowd! Don't be daunted, Pat, I'll give you a hand with her. [He goes out, leaving his hayfork.]
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Spreading the News
Bartley Fallon is PL OK thanks
Michele
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

This is the most beautiful 32:19 recording I've ever listened to! I am so excited to see that we are almost there, except for a tiny glitch.

25:20 - 25:26 mixed voices of both Michael and the two other voices while Michael was saying, "Get me out of it, Nora, for the love of God. He always did what you bid him, and I’m thinking he would do it now."

A stage direction, which is mixed among Michael's voice as mentioned above, is supposed to be around 25:24. The stage direction is "NORA. (Looking at the Tramp.)"

Regards,
Jessie
AngeliqueAnja wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:21 pm Through crashes untold and hardships unnumbered (mainly a sticky keyboard and a preference for keyboard shortcuts...), I have edited my way here, to the completed project beyond multiple parts to present "In the Shadow of the Glen" by John Millington Synge for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays015_06_various_128kb.mp3 (32:20)

Annie
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. MW updated.

Todd
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

ToddHW wrote: April 18th, 2021, 1:09 pm Where do we stand at this point?

3 - Fix - FULL; one part not submitted yet, one part needs PL fixes, one part ready for PL
8 - Trysting - OPEN; one part unclaimed, one part not submitted, one part ready for PL
10 - News - OPEN; four parts unclaimed, one part not submitted, two parts ready for PL

Thanks, Todd
Just a note on 3. My part of Stage Directions should be listed as PL OK. It was just an issue with the cast list that I'll fix in editing.
Thanks,
Wendy
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just an update: I've recorded my part for The Last Rehearsal and am in the process of editing it.
Thanks,
TJ
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

UPRG11W wrote: April 18th, 2021, 3:17 pm PL note:

This is the most beautiful 32:19 recording I've ever listened to! I am so excited to see that we are almost there, except for a tiny glitch.

25:20 - 25:26 mixed voices of both Michael and the two other voices while Michael was saying, "Get me out of it, Nora, for the love of God. He always did what you bid him, and I’m thinking he would do it now."

A stage direction, which is mixed among Michael's voice as mentioned above, is supposed to be around 25:24. The stage direction is "NORA. (Looking at the Tramp.)"

Regards,
Jessie
Thank you so much! This was my first time actually putting together a dramatic. I'm glad it came out mostly well. I had some technical issues as i stated, and figured that something had to have remained broken!

It should hopefully *fingers crossed* be ready for Spot PL :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays015_06_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

The new edition is shown 32:19-long, the same length as the previous recording. I am thrilled to say, "Yes, it is ready for PL OK".

I am so happy to see this beautiful play is perfectly done!

Regards,
Jessie
AngeliqueAnja wrote: April 19th, 2021, 5:02 pm
UPRG11W wrote: April 18th, 2021, 3:17 pm PL note:

Regards,
Jessie
Thank you so much! This was my first time actually putting together a dramatic. I'm glad it came out mostly well. I had some technical issues as i stated, and figured that something had to have remained broken!

It should hopefully *fingers crossed* be ready for Spot PL :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays015_06_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Annie
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

ToddHW wrote: April 18th, 2021, 1:09 pm Where do we stand at this point?

Thanks, Todd
Note on Roadhouse: I claimed the stage directions earlier (and you kindly helped me understand which parts needed to be read), and I've recorded that now but not edited yet--will have that in tomorrow if not before. So i think there are just three parts open.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. MW updated.

And we have our first play completion!

Todd