COMPLETE[PLAY]Lightnin' by Smith and Bacon - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

How about Everett Hammond.

As I have scanned through this, am I assuming correctly that Everett ain't a cowpuncher type a guy? Just want to know so I can do it curectlly. :lol:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, this play takes place in a time when civilization has sorta come to the previously wild West. After all, we got a nice little hotel right here on the border. Not a lotta cowpoking goin' on these days though. Stealing things seems to rely more on shady lawyers and dodgy contracts rather than cuttin' them off at the pass....

Some of the characters may initially have been around in those early days: Lightnin' says he was. Others are probably more urbane Eastern folks coming out to make their fortune (read: swindle the supposed innocents). I'm afraid I think that is the category you are in. But, being Lightnin' I could be wrong.

Thanks, Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Todd,

I haven't started to record yet, but looking through it, I don't think I have any lines in Act III. If you can find them, just liet me know I will certainly do them. :mrgreen:

And I agree, I seem to be a 'Slicker' from San Francisco. Type casting at it's finest. (Well, my wife was raised in Oakland, close anyway.)

Wayne
Wayne
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I agree - can't find any lines for you in Act 3 now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: what an exquisite accent you are putting on here, Andrew. This gives this sleazy lawer quite a character. Slick on the outside but still slimy on the inside :mrgreen: An absolutely great performance. You seem to rejoice playing the villain ;)

All of Thomas PL ok right away. Thanks so much. It was highly entertaining. I am looking forward to this trial-scene.

Sonia
Andrewjames

Post by Andrewjames »

Kitty wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 4:19 am
:lol: what an exquisite accent you are putting on here, Andrew. This gives this sleazy lawer quite a character. Slick on the outside but still slimy on the inside :mrgreen: An absolutely great performance. You seem to rejoice playing the villain ;)

All of Thomas PL ok right away. Thanks so much. It was highly entertaining. I am looking forward to this trial-scene.

Sonia
villians are always more fun! thanks for the PL
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Well Todd,

Here is Everett Hammond. I hope this works out like you envisioned it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_hammond_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_hammond_2_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

I don't want it like I envisioned it. One of the key pleasures of running a play here at Librivox is finding out what the various readers have decided is right. Usually some unexpected things, and always different from how I had originally pictured the play on stage myself. So that the completed play is not my vision of what should be, but a truly new and exciting collaborative creation.

Thanks, Todd
PSHarvey106

Post by PSHarvey106 »

Hi Todd,

Here is the section for:

Fred Peters
Act 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_fredpeters_3_128kb.mp3
(Running Time 6:38)

This is my first dramatic work, so I didn't know if you needed the running time. :D

Thank you.
Paul
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Running time is most in case there is trouble uploading/downloading a file. We don't often have trouble with the smallish drama files, so many of us are bad about including it. (Myself included.)

However, it is also useful, particularly in books, in helping a proof listener decide if they have enough time to listen to a particular chapter "now" versus "later". It'd be helpful too here in drama for the same purpose, but still not often available....

(Note that the chapter (or act) time that is shown in the catalog is from actual file meta data, not the value entered by hand.)

So the answer is: showing it is always good, and I thank you.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Finally worked on my Mrs Jones role (apologies to all Texans right away for maiming their accent :lol: ) Here are already the two short acts. Act 1 is recorded but I'm not sure I can finish editing today.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_mrs_jones_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:00 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_mrs_jones_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:33 min.

Any outstanding PL jobs here will be done tomorrow, promised.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I will listen. Of course I will issue a PL note on any line that seems to denigrate my sterling character's reputation or in any way might lessen his self esteem.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: January 24th, 2021, 6:29 amGreat. I will listen. Of course I will issue a PL note on any line that seems to denigrate my sterling character's reputation or in any way might lessen his self esteem.
:lol: not in those two acts, I am quite contrite there all throughout I must admit. But I'll give you the full Kitty-(mis)treatment in Act 1 :mrgreen: working on it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I finished the first act as well, a bit more snappy here ;) you better watch out !

> at 7:44: I left out a sentence on page 66: there is a line that I think makes more sense if Margaret spoke that. "she's been so worried about how she was going to look when she gets to San Francisco that I dressed her up in this". It doesn't fit for Mrs Jones as she is the one being dressed up, worried about San Francisco, and now feeling foolish in the dress. :hmm: If you want me to include the line I can do so, but I don't think it's my line.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_mrs_jones_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 9:29 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: January 24th, 2021, 7:23 am
ToddHW wrote: January 24th, 2021, 6:29 amGreat. I will listen. Of course I will issue a PL note on any line that seems to denigrate my sterling character's reputation or in any way might lessen his self esteem.
:lol: not in those two acts, I am quite contrite there all throughout I must admit. But I'll give you the full Kitty-(mis)treatment in Act 1 :mrgreen: working on it.

Sonia
Well, yes, you did treat me in the usual poorly fashion in Act 1. But I think, for the first time in our Librivox spousal drama career together, that I actually came out the winner this time by the end of the play! Wee-ha!And probably Shazam! (I know, enjoy it while I can cuz it won't ever happen again....)

All of Mrs Jones is PL OK. And she even apologized to me! Hooray!

Thanks, Todd