COMPLETE[PLAY]Lightnin' by Smith and Bacon - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Prologue/Act 1 is fully recorded. Just need to finish going through for misspeaks and adding 5 seconds of silence between lines. Should be in by Friday :D
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Here are the Stage Directions for Act 1. It was too long to upload in one file so I put Act 1 Scene 2 in a separate file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_stagedirection_1_128kb.mp3 (1 hour 37 minutes)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_stagedirection_1.2_128kb_.mp3 (23 minutes 12 seconds)

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Didn't realize these were going to be so long. When you do act 2, can you add in recording the words "part 1" and "part 2" and "part 3" (pray I don't need this one!) at the beginning so I can add them to your intros and outros as necessary when I break files apart as I assemble everything?

(I might not break the acts by scene, but at some other good point in the dialog.)

Thanks, Todd
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

ToddHW wrote: March 11th, 2021, 5:02 pm Great.

Didn't realize these were going to be so long. When you do act 2, can you add in recording the words "part 1" and "part 2" and "part 3" (pray I don't need this one!) at the beginning so I can add them to your intros and outros as necessary when I break files apart as I assemble everything?

(I might not break the acts by scene, but at some other good point in the dialog.)

Thanks, Todd
Ok, sounds good. I didn't expect them to be this long either. I was shocked when it was so long that librivox wouldn't even let me upload the file. :shock:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I did a play called "The Torch-Bearers" last summer that was 5 hours long. I had to have 3 parts for Act 1, 2 parts for act 2, but only needed 1 (an hour and 9 minutes long) part for Act 3.

Can you imagine sitting through something like that in a theater??!?

Thanks, Todd
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

The stage version of War and Peace. :lol:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kalamareader wrote: March 11th, 2021, 6:58 pm The stage version of War and Peace. :lol:
Better than Kevlar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njv0iUFN18Q

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for giving me a clip from one of my favorite TV shows. "Missed it by that much" "Would you believe......" "Right, 99"

However I did get through War and Peace. :clap:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ambsweet13 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:36 pmHere are the Stage Directions for Act 1. It was too long to upload in one file so I put Act 1 Scene 2 in a separate file.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_stagedirection_1_128kb.mp3 (1 hour 37 minutes)
:shock: oh wow, this guy puts Pinero into the shadow :lol: an excellent job you did, Amber, such a huge file and as far as I can see there is basically nothing missing. Very meticulous reading, thank you so much.

There are a few things to correct though, and as for the length of the file, I think the best would be to have the Prologue as separate act right from the start. It is a totally different setting anyway, so it could well function as a standalone act and would make the other acts shorter.

So what I suggest is the following:

For the Prologue:

> copy everything till up to 30:42 into a separate file, naming it "prologue". This will include the cast list and the whole prologue directions. Please also add a new intro at the beginning: "Prologue of..." (etc) and at the end the outro: "End of Prologue" For the rest, this file would be flawless

For Act 1 Part 1, please correct the following (and could you please let me know the new time stamps, so I won't have to relisten to it all again to find the spots. That would be helpful) :

> at the beginning, you need to add "Scene 1" to the original intro

> at 37:43 and at 38:03: (p. 25 & 26) "Mrs Jordan, Mrs Moore and Mrs Preston together" and "Mrs Jordan and Mrs Preston together" – can be cut, these speeches will be merged without introduction

> at 57:02: (p. 35) stumble and repeat: "Mrs Harper looks around" – you can cut out "Mrs Harper" once

> at 57:55: (p. 35) stumble and repeat: "Mrs Harper and Freeda exit into parlor" – again, one "Mrs Harper" can be cut

> at 1:05:03: (p. 38) "Lem shocked and very indignant" – I think you say "indigenant"

> at 1:05:11: (p. 38) "Margaret emphatically" – you say "empathetically"

> at 1:14:17: (p. 42) "Bill feels for bottle" – you can cut out "Millie" here, as the stage directions don't refer to her when she is speaking. Todd will simply put it at the end of Bill's speech

> at 1:32:45: (p. 54) "Mrs Jones and Millie speaking together" – also can get cut, voices will be merged

> at 1:33:40: (p. 55) "Enter John from down left" – you can cut "Bill" here, again, this does not refer to his speech

> at 1:33:48: (p. 55) "Mrs Jones and Millie speaking together" – can get cut

> at 1:33:56: (p. 55) "Mrs Jones crosses to Bill" – here I would put the name with the directions. The outcome will probably be that first Mrs Jones crosses to Bill, then Millie and Mrs Jones speak together. That way we need the name to make sure who is doing what

> at the end: add "Scene 1" to outro

Ok now a short break before I tackle Part 2...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ambsweet13 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 3:36 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_stagedirection_1.2_128kb_.mp3 (23 minutes 12 seconds)
and another great job, Amber, you are making my PLing so easy here. Thank you so much.

Well, since this will probably be a standalone section, you need to add only two bits:

> at the beginning: we need the full intro, this time with "Act 1 Scene 2" included
> at the end: add "Scene 2" to the outro

Thank you

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Act 2 Corrections:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_sheriff_2_128kb.mp3

The Sheriff's department buys all our guns from a guy called T-Rex.

He’s a small arms dealer.

Sheriff Chris
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Inspired by Phil's latest signature?

Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

No, I was hit on the head by a joke-book.

I have only my shelf to blame though.

Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Sheriff, you are back in Miss Kitty's good graces 8-) PL ok

Sonia