COMPLETE[PLAY]Lightnin' by Smith and Bacon - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 10th, 2021, 5:36 amPrologue fixed as you suggest. Ready for Spot PL.
thank you, now really PL ok :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 Scene 1 is ready for final PL except for a missing Millie line at 48:00 which could be checked later in a Spot PL if you wish.

All your voices sound great here together!

Thanks, Todd
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

Kitty wrote: May 10th, 2021, 12:30 am YES ! this is perfect, you had all the character names correctly added :thumbs: thank you for making this PL job so much easier and also Todd's editing job. Your level of accuracy is exceptional for such a long act. 8-) All PL ok.

Todd: is the Prologue ready for PL ? :hmm: looks like it, but I will wait for you to get Scott's voice credit inserted, then I'll PL this afternoon. Just let me know when it's ready.

Sonia
Thank you so much for checking all of that! I will try to find some time to record Act III later in the week but may be early next

Scot
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 scene 2 is also ready for Final PL.

Mrs Jones sure has been hard on poor old Lightnin!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 1 Scene 1 is ready for final PL except for a missing Millie line at 48:00 which could be checked later in a Spot PL if you wish.

Act 1 scene 2 is also ready for Final PL.
Mrs Jones sure has been hard on poor old Lightnin!
ah well, she will see the error of her ways in the next act ;) They'll make up in the end and all is forgiven.

Both acts are wonderfully presented :9: What a lot of people buzzing about at the hotel, I can imagine the stage was busy at some points.

Excellently edited, Todd. Brilliantly acted, all ! I think each of us was trying to outdo the other with their accents :lol:

I have a few small notes for your consideration:

Act 1, Scene 1:

> at 0:23: (p. 22) maybe you could repeat once more "Scene 1" here

> at 2:31: (p. 22/23) did you discard this on purpose ? "this is removed for last act and shows the power plant on the drop – this power plant not to be seen in first act." (ok I see why you wouldn't need to include it here – I hope it's mentioned in the third act)

> at 15:23: (p. 30) "Bill, turning and seeing Zeb" – since Zeb has been introduced right before here, I think we need to repeat the name "Bill" here to make it more clear

> at 25:20: (p. 35) "Come, Freeda." – you inserted the next quote "all right, Freeda" here...it should be the quote right before this one

> at 48:00: (p. 48) missed line: "I'll take it up to her" – did you contact Annie ?

Act 1, Scene 2:

> at 0:20: (p. 58) maybe also insert "Act 1" one more time here ? right before Scene 2

thanks

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 Scene 1 updated - NOT uploaded for Spot PL until I solve the third item below....
> at 2:31: (p. 22/23) did you discard this on purpose ? "this is removed for last act and shows the power plant on the drop – this power plant not to be seen in first act." (ok I see why you wouldn't need to include it here – I hope it's mentioned in the third act)Correct; this was a spoiler and in Act 3 the power plant on the scenery is mentioned - so I removed mention of it from Act 1
> at 25:20: (p. 35) "Come, Freeda." – you inserted the next quote "all right, Freeda" here...it should be the quote right before this one
The correct line was missing from Mrs Harper file, so I just repeated the later quote
> at 48:00: (p. 48) missed line: "I'll take it up to her" – did you contact Annie ?
PM'd; message not opened yet. (She hasn't logged on since 2 May.) I looked for another line by her that I could substitute but did not find one.

Thank you for the wonderfully careful listening!

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 Scene 2 changed as you suggest and uploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

DRAFT of Act 2 complete, though not ready for PL yet.

Over 80 minutes - split into two parts at a good break point.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote: May 11th, 2021, 1:57 pm DRAFT of Act 2 complete, though not ready for PL yet.

Over 80 minutes - split into two parts at a good break point.

Thanks, Todd
Dunno how Lightnin’ made a break … he must be psychic.

Lookout folks, there’s a small medium at large!

Sheriff Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:The correct line was missing from Mrs Harper file, so I just repeated the later quote
oh so I missed it in PL :oops: sorry... but yes, it also works here. Unless we get he reader to give us another line. Or is she not around anymore ?
Act 1 Scene 2 changed as you suggest and uploaded for Spot PL.
yes this is PL ok now :)

Sonia
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Here's the missing line for Millie. Sorry it took so long for me to get to. (I hope I managed to recapture her voice!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lightnin_mildred_missing_128kb.mp3

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 2 part 1 is ready for Final PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm Here's the missing line for Millie. Sorry it took so long for me to get to. (I hope I managed to recapture her voice!)

Annie
Great.

(I know what you mean about recapturing voice. I recorded a role this morning in my pre-breakfast voice and by after lunch time when I went back to edit it for upload, I couldn't get it back quite properly to make fixes.... But your match sounded fine.)

So, that means Act 1 Scene 1 is now ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

ToddHW wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:46 pm
AngeliqueAnja wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm Here's the missing line for Millie. Sorry it took so long for me to get to. (I hope I managed to recapture her voice!)

Annie
Great.

(I know what you mean about recapturing voice. I recorded a role this morning in my pre-breakfast voice and by after lunch time when I went back to edit it for upload, I couldn't get it back quite properly to make fixes.... But your match sounded fine.)

So, that means Act 1 Scene 1 is now ready for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd

I relistened to some of my original lines and then recorded several takes before sending you the one i thought was best!
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 2 part 2 is ready for final PL. Kinda wonder why there is an Act 3 the way this one ended!

Thanks, Todd