OPEN[GROUP]Shakespeare Monologues Collection vol. 16 (Multilingual) by Shakespeare - thw

Plays and other dramatic works

cavaet
Posts: 208
Joined: May 10th, 2020, 9:19 am

Post by cavaet » December 16th, 2020, 10:56 pm

cavaet wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 1:27 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sm16_tobatefishwithal_mdl_128kb.mp3

To Bate Fish Withal
The Merchant of Venice, Act III, Scene 1, Shylock
English
length 1:44
https://www.shakespeare-monologues.org/men/plays/5
An idiot am I. To Bait Fish Withal. not sure what I was thinking.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13070
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 17th, 2020, 4:15 am

And fixeth it hath I.

Thanks, Todd

cavaet
Posts: 208
Joined: May 10th, 2020, 9:19 am

Post by cavaet » December 19th, 2020, 7:28 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sm16_whymandothbestridenarrowworldr_mdl_128kb.mp3

Julius Caeser Act 1, Scene Two
Why, Man, he doth bestride the World, by Cassius
English
https://www.shakespeare-monologues.org/men/plays/38
Length 1:56

And while there are many more monologues I'd love to do, I think I should let this one be for awhile

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13370
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 19th, 2020, 9:34 pm

Sections 3 and 4 are PL OK.
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13370
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » December 19th, 2020, 9:37 pm

cavaet wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 7:28 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sm16_whymandothbestridenarrowworldr_mdl_128kb.mp3

Julius Caeser Act 1, Scene Two
Why, Man, he doth bestride the World, by Cassius
English
https://www.shakespeare-monologues.org/men/plays/38
Length 1:56

And while there are many more monologues I'd love to do, I think I should let this one be for awhile
And this one is PL OK too. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================

Pliny's Natural History, volume 6 is in need of readers! Come help us out!


HannaPonomarenko
Posts: 447
Joined: May 25th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Post by HannaPonomarenko » December 31st, 2020, 8:50 am

Hi Todd!
Here is Macbeth in Russian https://play.google.com/store/books/details/William_Shakespeare_Makbet?id=4EBAAAAAIAAJ. Maybe someone will get interested.

Thanks

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13070
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 31st, 2020, 9:10 am

Thank you. I have added it to the second posting with all the language versions.

Todd

HannaPonomarenko
Posts: 447
Joined: May 25th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Post by HannaPonomarenko » December 31st, 2020, 9:53 am

ToddHW wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 9:10 am
Thank you. I have added it to the second posting with all the language versions.

Todd
Thanks!
And this is Ukrainian for Antoniy and Kleopatra https://archive.org/details/antoniikleopatra00shakuoft/page/n3/mode/2up

Happy New Year)


CorLeonis
Posts: 4
Joined: January 12th, 2021, 7:22 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by CorLeonis » January 13th, 2021, 7:06 am

Please forgive the ignorance of a newbie, but I'm a little confused by which monologues are good for this project. Can we just bring any monologue or two forward, or does it have to be from the list below? If it IS from the list below, how do we recommend additional ones to the five that are still there?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13070
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 13th, 2021, 7:16 am

CorLeonis wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 7:06 am
Please forgive the ignorance of a newbie, but I'm a little confused by which monologues are good for this project. Can we just bring any monologue or two forward, or does it have to be from the list below? If it IS from the list below, how do we recommend additional ones to the five that are still there?
You can bring any Shakespeare monologue forward for this collection - the ones shown in the MW are just those that have been submitted so far. You don't have to claim a section in advance; when you submit a reading, it just goes into the next slot.

You can see proper submittal of readings in other postings above on this project thread. For example
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sm16_whymandothbestridenarrowworldr_mdl_128kb.mp3 === [the submitted reading]

Julius Caeser Act 1, Scene Two
Why, Man, he doth bestride the World, by Cassius
English
https://www.shakespeare-monologues.org/men/plays/38 ==== [This is the source text used for this reading]
Length 1:56
Oh, and we were all new here once, so don't worry about asking questions. A number of other kindsa collections work like this one where there is no claiming in advance. Other projects like books and plays do require claiming specific sections before reading.

Thanks, Todd

HannaPonomarenko
Posts: 447
Joined: May 25th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Post by HannaPonomarenko » January 13th, 2021, 11:22 am

Hi Todd!
Please add Ukrainian source for Julius Caesar at https://archive.org/details/libgen_00700450/page/n3/mode/2up
Thank you


Post Reply